Power comparison

/ Power comparison #11  
The differences between 4510 and the 6010 $5,000 and i would have to wait at least 2 months. Thats what i was told anyway.

What about a 5010? I would think that the additional 5 HP would take care of the additional weight.

/ Power comparison #12  
I don't know how 9 hp is going to feel with a 1300 # weight difference. And some hills is my problem.

You really need to get tire loading, hills, etc in your opening post in order to maximize our help.

Changing the parameters with every post is NO GOOD.

/ Power comparison
Didnt mean to change things up as i was only trying to get some info.

/ Power comparison #14  
Just have the tires loaded if you feel you need more traction and weight.

/ Power comparison #15  
HST or gears? I've got 41hp in a 4510 sized tractor with loaded tires and it will climb in med range without a problem. I guess if you've got smooth smooth fields that you could run full speed in med range, it might not climb a steep hill at full speed, but I've never found a situation like that in my hills. I pull around a 9' haybine in med range in moderate hills just fine though.
The only time I really wish I had more hp is running a too large round baler, or pulling a wagon on the road in high range. I run a 1000lb boxblade and in low range power isn't a problem.

/ Power comparison
After putting a few hours on my 4510 c it has plenty of power for our hills here .One thing i am disappointed about is the lag on the hydro system forward and back. All of my past tractors haven't had this problem. Also pedal travel . It seems that i have to move the pedal in half way to get any movement. How can you be consistent on your movement set up like that. I'm going to my dealer early this week to get my top hydraulic top link and graple and will bring this up to them then.

/ Power comparison #17  
I have not run a 4510 but that does sound odd - I run hydros on a lot of different brands and while each have there minor differences I never noticed that on any brand. Hopefully someone here owns your same model and can jump in and give first hand details of the way theirs operates.

/ Power comparison #18  
After putting a few hours on my 4510 c it has plenty of power for our hills here .One thing i am disappointed about is the lag on the hydro system forward and back. All of my past tractors haven't had this problem. Also pedal travel . It seems that i have to move the pedal in half way to get any movement. How can you be consistent on your movement set up like that. I'm going to my dealer early this week to get my top hydraulic top link and graple and will bring this up to them then.
The pedals are not mechanically linked. They are pushing on a sensor that sends a signal to the ECM. The ECM will then signal an actuator to move the hydro.
Drive by wire. You just need to get used to it. Make sure you have the pedal speed turned up on the control panel.
I like the system. The pedals push easy and it won't get jurky. You can get smooth forward and backwards operation once you get used to the delay

/ Power comparison
After i wrote the post i went out and spent some time on the machine. And it did alot better. Like you say i need to get used to it. It will be fine thanks.

/ Power comparison #20  
AH - I must have missed something here. You purchased a new tractor without ever sitting on it, operating the controls, taking it for a spin or checking out the specs??