Power tool for removing stones from lawn?

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #21  
I struggled with the same problem 20 years ago. I have 1000 feet of gravel driveway with much of it ending up on the lawn in the Spring. I first borrowed a Gravley 36" walk behind power broom from my work. It worked great until they sold it. About 15 years ago, I purchased a 60" front mount Sweepster for my classic Allis Chalmers 620 Garden Tractor. It has worked great ever since.

Find a renter center with a walk behind or riding power broom. This will solve your problem.

OrangeGuy

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #23  
I have a split shaft Echo weed whacker. They sell a rubber paddle for 2-300.00. It works awesome. Literally takes seconds to remove all the rocks and sand from the lawn.

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #25  
Cost of rotorake? Where to buy? No reverse?

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #26  
I have a split shaft Echo weed whacker. They sell a rubber paddle for 2-300.00. It works awesome. Literally takes seconds to remove all the rocks and sand from the lawn.

That's what I use too, except in Stihl brand. Stihl.jpg

Works for a lot of other things too but its our main use for it. Will sweep driveways and stuff pretty well too. You buy the stihl power head and any attachments you want for it, lots of choices for around the house stuff. I cant see buying a 400$ attachment to do one thing.

The one in the pic above isn't a split shaft but you can get them like that. Its called a stihl power broom.

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #27  
Cost of rotorake? Where to buy? No reverse?
Little pricey,I bought mine used(excellent condition) few years back for $650.I think new they around $1,400.Mine has 3hp Honda engine,no reverse.The machine itself is pretty light to handle,no need for reverse.My local John deere dealer is also a agri-metal dealer.

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #28  
That's what I use too, except in Stihl brand. View attachment 372333

Works for a lot of other things too but its our main use for it. Will sweep driveways and stuff pretty well too. You buy the stihl power head and any attachments you want for it, lots of choices for around the house stuff. I cant see buying a 400$ attachment to do one thing.

The one in the pic above isn't a split shaft but you can get them like that. Its called a stihl power broom.

Over the years I've had a Stihl corded weed eater- smoked it bad!:confused3: OP error- think the cord was too long, grass too high, oh well.:laughing: Then a gas powered Stihl, and a Green machine which came with my house, then a Jonsered HD brush cutter, still have it. Now the 2 Echo split shafts with one power broom, (paddle wheel), indestructible! I also use their articulating hedge trimmer and pole pruner with 12" chainsaw head, with it's own oiler- works great! Don't use it when you're tired....
Ideally I'd have the Rotorake and a self propelled leaf blower- if $ were no object and I had another barn to store all the extra tools I NEED! (Wife take note!):D

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #29  
HTML:
I use the Stihl Power Broom every spring. My FS90R runs it with ease. I don't have the Kombi system, but I have most of the attachments. The Power broom paddles can be removed in about 3 seconds and the Power Bristle drums attached to the same gearbox/arms.

I do this stuff for a living now, so I get quite a bit of use from them all. I used to usee my biggest backpack blowers, and they worked quite well, but nothing is faster and more agile than the Power Broom, especially when it comes to ditches etc. I removed over a half ton of gravel and sand from this ditch (it is about 200' long) this spring in relatively short order-

Attachments

• 100_2075.jpg
    100_2075.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 283
  • 100_2078_01.jpg
    100_2078_01.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_2082.jpg
    100_2082.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 100_2085.jpg
    100_2085.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 549
   / Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #30  
I had a Stihl power broom before my agrimetal rotorake and it worked well.Had back surgery back in 2007 so holding on to the power broom was somewhat difficult on my lower back.Both work very well IMHO.