Power Trac pricing

/ Power Trac pricing #1  

Chris_VA

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere X758
Good afternoon.

Let me start by saying if this isn't appropriate for me to post this here, please let me know.

My father passed away recently and he has a PT425 with several attachments. He loved this thing but I've never really gotten the hang of it and might be considering selling it and buying a compact tractor to take care of the place. I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on what this is all worth and I might put up an ad on Power Trac's web site.

PT425 with the Robin carbed gas engine and about 450 hours & R1 bar tires. I think it is about 8 or so years old. I also am pretty sure it is the 60" lift height model
2 buckets. One HD and one with the cutting edge teeth
4' brush cutter
stump grinder
mini hoe with thumb
generator (not certain of the rating but I think it is the only one they offer)
homemade pallet forks & homemade trailer receiver & homemade disc edger
snow blade with the rubber edge

From estimating on PT's web site pricing, it appears to all list new for about $24 to $25k (can't find the generator in the list). What are your thoughts on pricing? Would it be worth 75% of that? Just a starting place.

Thank you for your input and your time

Chris (in SW VA)

Last edited:
   / Power Trac pricing #2  
Good afternoon.

Let me start by saying if this isn't appropriate for me to post this here, please let me know.

My father passed away recently and he has a PT425 with several attachments. He loved this thing but I've never really gotten the hang of it and might be considering selling it and buying a compact tractor to take care of the place. I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on what this is all worth and I might put up an ad on Power Trac's web site.

PT425 with the Robin carbed gas engine and about 450 hours & R1 bar tires. I think it is about 8 or so years old. I also am pretty sure it is the 60" lift height model
4' brush cutter
stump grinder
mini hoe with thumb

From estimating on PT's web site pricing, it appears to all list new for about $24 to $25k (can't find the generator in the list). What are your thoughts on pricing? Would it be worth 75% of that? Just a starting place.

Chris (in SW VA)
Depending on how well cared for, you may be in the ballpark. Post it for sale and see if you get any action. I would think you are probably at maximum, but I have been surprised before. Good luck with the sale. Sorry for your loss.

/ Power Trac pricing
Thank you for your input. It has been well cared for, shed-kept and maintained. I may reconsider selling it. Dang those compacts have gotten expensive. But appreciate your thoughts. Also thanks for the condolences.

Chris

/ Power Trac pricing #4  
Unfortunately, the resale value on PT's is not very high since most people do not know what they are.

Ken

/ Power Trac pricing #5  
Best bets would be to post it on PowerTrac's website and here on TBN in the Tractors for Sale area, I'd think.

/ Power Trac pricing #7  
Good afternoon.

4' brush cutter
stump grinder
mini hoe with thumb

Chris (in SW VA)
I am curious what purposes a regular tractor will cover that you need. As someone who has farm tractors and a power trac, there is significant cases for each. Unless I need pulling power or three point specifically, I always grap the PT. When it comes to cutting and baling hay, the PT stays in the barn. You may regret selling the PT later, and as far as not getting the hang of it, that is just seat time. I can do things with the more maneuverable power trac, that I could not with the tractors. Take your time with this decision, and really evaluate your needs/tasks. Good luck.

/ Power Trac pricing #8  
Moss yours probably needs a brother !
Wife's thought towards you would = :cautious:

The whole point of the Quick Attach system is to only need one machine! :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't mind it having a larger brother just for fun, but in all reality, the 425 does everything we need done. A larger one would just be fun to knock bigger stuff over with in shorter time. (y)

/ Power Trac pricing #9  
I am curious what purposes a regular tractor will cover that you need. As someone who has farm tractors and a power trac, there is significant cases for each. Unless I need pulling power or three point specifically, I always grap the PT. When it comes to cutting and baling hay, the PT stays in the barn. You may regret selling the PT later, and as far as not getting the hang of it, that is just seat time. I can do things with the more maneuverable power trac, that I could not with the tractors. Take your time with this decision, and really evaluate your needs/tasks. Good luck.
Those are very good points.

We don't do any pulling tasks. Just lawn mowing, brush cutting, hauling loose material like black dirt, mulch, landscape stone, plow snow, and pallet forks. Occasional deeper hole for new beds, dig out septic lid. Mini hoe would be great for that, but the buckets work well too, in our soil. I'd get a tiller for our 425 except we already have a nice little walk-behind.

If I was pulling, as you mentioned, farm implements, I'd get a conventional tractor.

/ Power Trac pricing #10  
Wife's thought towards you would = :cautious:

The whole point of the Quick Attach system is to only need one machine! :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't mind it having a larger brother just for fun, but in all reality, the 425 does everything we need done. A larger one would just be fun to knock bigger stuff over with in shorter time. (y)
Thought Mrs. Groundcover would react that way when I said I was thinking of Trading my Ditch Witch mini track loader in for a bigger one. She said you should keep yours and get the bigger one as well ! She's a keeper !