Power Trac Real World Loader Lift Capacity

/ Power Trac Real World Loader Lift Capacity #11  
You will do a PT pucker if you overload or will not be able to lift it.

/ Power Trac Real World Loader Lift Capacity #12  
I agree with most all the sentiments made in the gas vs diesel debate but the main thing for me that hasn’t been brought up is short term reliability. Sometimes I’ll spend two full days driving to/from my property for one day of work with my tractor. If I have to spend any time on bad gas, gummed up carb, etc that could literally ruin an entire week for me.

Back to the lift capacity question. If the lift capacity is based off of tipping load and the hydraulics can outwork size of the tractor itself how much do you have to pay any special attention to not overworking the front wheels/motors, center pivot joint, etc? Are they going to be a limiting factor in loader lift capacity?

Also is there anything aside from the sitting position and lift height that would make a 2430 less proficient on slopes compared to the 1430? Everything else looks to fairly similar between the two tractors. I did notice that somehow the website had the weight of 2430 over 1000lbs heavier than the 1430. I’m assuming perhaps that’s with the backhoe attached? If not I would assume that the 2430 would be just as capable on slopes as the 1430 if all that extra weight is low enough. If the 2430 is that much heavier and the lifting capacity is limited by tipping load I would assume it would significantly outlift a 1430 as well, even given the that the 1430 may have the better loader geometry for max lifting given its lower lift height.
The 2430 has a much higher center of gravity and therefore more likely to tip.

If you want it for slopes, I wouldn't consider any of the 24xx series.

On most PTs, the lift is limited by the rear weight, I.e. the rear end comes off the ground, often when turning which shortens the wheelbase. Other than that, nothing to worry about as a general rule.

I suspect that the weight is real; PTs are made out of plate steel, and the superstructure is much larger on the 24xx machines.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited: