Problem with HPX......

/ Problem with HPX...... #31  
Man, that stinks! Sounds like you have been very patient. Let 'em have it, and then maybe they will change their ways. There is no excuse to "beta test" with the general public. When there is a major problem that cannot be fixed, any reputable company should trade you out of it giving you the full paid price towards another unit or refund your money. Good luck!!

/ Problem with HPX...... #32  
I suggest you also contact a local attorney and look into your states lemon laws and their potential applicability to your product. In some states you are entitled to treble damages,(3x your actual damages) if the product is a lemon. Typically they only apply to "motor vehicles", the definition of which you will just have to look up.
In addition, you should talk to an attorney about a defective product claim. You should also find out whether if you win, will JD be responsible for your attorney fees, costs, etc.
Good luck.

/ Problem with HPX......
<font color="red">UPDATE: </font>

I hope it's the final update.

Shortly after my last post, I finally receive the expected call from John Rissoe. (Kinda makes ya wonder if they're watching this post, don't it)

Apologizes for the length of time it took him to call me and gives some explanations. Then he proceeds to tell me they have my HPX repaired and are ready to return it. Goes on to say that when they disassembled the carburetor, they discovered one of the valves in the fuel bowl was not properly seated. They determined that after the machine had run for a bit, that due to thermal dynamics, the valve would become unseated and shut off the fuel supply to the bowl. So, they reseat the valve and have put about 10 hours on the machine since with no problems.

I politely listened to his explanations of how the problem was solved and asked what assurance did he have that it wouldn't happen again? He said he felt it was corrected and the dealer was ready to return it to me.

Once again, I stated that I did not want the machine back, I wanted a replacement or to void the loan paperwork. Not to mention, of course, the machine now has an additional 10 hours on it. That would total 40, only 25 of which I was responsible for.

He told me that was what warranty was for and he felt John Deere had lived up to that. I told him nope, new machine or I continue with the complaint processes I listed in my above post. He hem-hawed around and said that it would be up to the dealer if they wanted to provide a new machine. I thanked him for his time and advised I needed to get off the phone so I could call the AG's office. He said he would call the dealer and speak to them and call me back.

Within 30 minutes I get a call from the dealer's son, who evidently operates one of their 3 dealerships. Very reasonable man. He didn't quibble, said he understood my options were new machine or walk away from the loan. I agreed that we were on the same page. He said he was hesistant to replace my machine w/another gas HPX because he was concerned that if I had a similar problem with it, it would only create a much larger problem with my view of John Deere products. I agreed with that too. So, he offered to void my loan and let me walk away. Or........., we could negotiate on the price difference on the new diesel HPX he was expecting in early next week.

After we haggled a bit, we reached an agreement where they will take back the gas HPX and void the loan. I will purchase/finance the diesel model (including price difference)next week when it arrives. And they will move the optional receiver hitch from the gas one to the diesel one.

I'm satisfied. And I'll give an update next week when I get my hands on the diesel.

Thanks to all for your support. It kept me focused, motivated and strong!

Chuck

/ Problem with HPX...... #34  
I'm glad to hear your outcome. Actually I'd love to hear how the diesel model works out. Personally I'd have absolutely no use for the gas model after having a earlier model gas Gator, but I had great engine performance from their diesel model I'd purchased later. I think the diesel model should do the trick for you. I'm just sorry to hear that you had to suffer through their gas model first like I did.

/ Problem with HPX...... #35  
Good to hear you are satisfied and that JD has responded. Since you are getting out of the deal, and I'm sure the JD is a fine machine, you may want to take a look at the Kubota.

/ Problem with HPX...... #36  
I second that. For the price of the diesel HPX you could be in a Kubota RTV.

Frank

/ Problem with HPX......
The RTV interests me even though the cost would be a bit more than the diesel HPX. There's no doubt the RTV is one stout machine.

I personally like the appearance of the HPX better than the RTV but hey, if it don't get the job done, that don't count for nothin.

If, for some reason, the diesel HPX agreement doesn't come together as agreed upon, the RTV will be on my list.

Chuck

/ Problem with HPX...... #38  
Hey Chuck,

Good for you that you got them moving to understand where you were coming from. I was glad to hear the dealer say they didn't want to let you have another attempt at the gas model. That would just be bad for both parties if it had acted up. I hope your dealings go smooth on the diesel and you can take delivery quickly and with no problems.Good luck!

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Problem with HPX......
Thanks Mike!

It somewhat leads me to believe they don't have much faith in the gas model. Kinda eliminates the theory that the problem(s) were isolated to mine. In my opinion anyway. But I appreciate the fact the dealer had the foresight to understand the possibility that it could cause another issue and addressed it appropriately.

Chuck

/ Problem with HPX......
Picked up the diesel HPX this morning. The transaction was smooth and professional.

This little diesel is awesome! Has a nice diesel purr and feels stout. Much easier starting than the gasser that had to be choked and was so cold blooded (when it ran).

Didn't get to put any time on it due to rain but here's a couple of pics.

I firmly believe this machine will serve me well.

Chuck

Attachments

• 469408-gator.jpg
    469408-gator.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 211