Problem with HPX......

/ Problem with HPX...... #51  
i bought a Gator 4x4 hpx about 2 months ago and i love the thing i have never had a problem with it and it runs great. It is unstopable i can run over 2 inch trees no problem. the other day a lumber truck got stuck by our new barn carrying a ton of wood and i pulled him out with my HPX in low 4 wheel. i think the thing is amazing and i have never had a problem with it yet and yet gotten stuck. i beat on the thing. If you are having problems with this one i would go for the dissel because i am loving the gas one. i would get a HPX they are great!

/ Problem with HPX......
HPX Lover,

Is that the exact same paragraph you posted last week?

When I agreed with you that it's a good machine??

/ Problem with HPX...... #53  
yes it was i was just telling jesse1 how great of a machine it is. Sorry

/ Problem with HPX......
You're correct though, it is an awesome machine. And the diesel version is great!!

I have about 13 hours on it now. Seems to be running smoother and stronger as she breaks in!!

I love it!!

/ Problem with HPX...... #55  
I haven't checked with my dealer lately but they were supposed to get a Diesel HPX in this week. I'm going to try and get by there next week to drive it. I haven't driven any HPX's yet. Really like their looks.

It's gonna be hard to beat my 6x4 Diesel. Only real complaint is the rough ride. I keep the air at 5psi in the rears, helps some. Had the rough terrain kit installed on the accelerator when I first got it. Helps to steady the pedal over rough ground.

/ Problem with HPX......
Jesse1,

What does the rough terrain kit consist of? I know what you're talking about...... how it's difficult to control the throttle on rough ground.

Chuck

/ Problem with HPX...... #57  
With the Gator 6X4 it is nearly impossible to maintain a constant speed over anything but the smoothest ground. The lack of any rear suspension (like a tractor) causes the operator to constantly bounce their foot on the throttle when driving on anything but paved roads or a golf course fairway. You either have to crawl slowly, or hold the throttle to the floor. No in between. I had the 6X4 Gators for 6 years. They are good for a lot of things and are extremely durable, but smooth they are not. On the plus side of that issue, I don't care what JD manuals say, but in actual experience and personal comparison, the 6X4 Gators will easily haul 3X the load the HPX will ever think of carrying. However, you pay the price for that capability with the lack of rear suspension. The "rough terrain" kit basically made the throttle harder to push on the 6X4 I had.

/ Problem with HPX...... #58  
All the rough terrain kit consists of is a gas shock attached to the accelerator pedal. It dampens the movement of the pedal. Not all that great but it's better than nothing. I think it's worth the money, but I don't remember how much for the kit, probably less than $75.

/ Problem with HPX......
That's interesting........ thanks Jesse!!

I may be able to fabricate something similar.