Problem with HPX......

/ Problem with HPX......
Here's the engine compartment.

Looking forward to some more favorable weather when I can put this thing to work!

Well, for some reason, I can't get this pic downsized enough to post it. I'll try again later.

/ Problem with HPX...... #42  
Good for you!

I see it has already attracted a crowd.

Hope it serves you long and well.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Problem with HPX...... #43  
great looking machine you have there!! Good luck with it. I love the diesel in the Kubota too. It *DOES* start instantly like you say.. fantastic lil powerplant..

Frank

/ Problem with HPX...... #44  
We just got a diesel off the semi a few days ago and they are really nice. Ours came with the engine missing a little bit but we have since fixed it and runs great.

/ Problem with HPX...... #45  
Is the engine in the HPX the same as the one in the 6x4 Diesel Gator? I know the HPX has 2 more hp, just didn't know if the cubic inches were the same. I plan on driving one next week, maybe buying one later this summer.

/ Problem with HPX......
It's a different engine. I emailed Yanmar last week with this same inquiry, asking what they did to get the 2 extra ponies.

Different engine with a different model number.

I had the opportunity to put about 3 hours on it yesterday, weather was cool and drizzly, ground wet and saturated.

Overall, I'm impressed. There is a minute difference in the acceleration of this machine vs. the gas model but the smoothness of the diesel more than makes up for it.

Instant starting without choking and having to pump the gas pedal, really torquey too. A bit noisier than the gas engine but, hey...... it's a diesel. It's music to me.

They did a good job with the engine mounts on vibration isolation too.

I feel like this is a much more solid and better machine than the gasser. Shifts from H/L/R smoother too for some reason. Even my wife noticed this. She too prefers the diesel (which really surprises me).

I'm happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Problem with HPX...... #47  
Great to hear that you're happy. I don't want to act like I know it all, everybody knows that isn't true, but I did strongly feel that you would be much happier with the diesel model than the gas. I've been there, done that. I'll never go back to gas again. I'd imagaine you likely have the same sentiment. I suppose after a lot of shopping around and looking at the UV's closely, I do have brand loyalty; it is to the brand of quality. Unfortunately, so far, only Deere and Kubota have demonstrated that trait consistantly with their diesel products. Maybe I'm partial to diesels. I have a Cummins diesel in my 8000 pound pickup, and it just ran a 14.11 in the quarter mile. That's not top fuel speed, but grab a Consumer Reports and see how many cars or trucks actually run that speed; not many. If you gave a much lighter gasser pickup, even if it seems speedy, it likely won't run that without heavy modifications. My point is, I've worked on gas and diesel engines. A diesel will take much more abuse and is generally easier to work on than gas. Also, I'm getting a wee bit tired of working on everything and there is no debate about the diesel lasting longer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck with your new toy!!

/ Problem with HPX......
Thanks Dargo!

I'm with you on the diesel. My truck is an F-250 diesel. Note my handle here. Like you, it's chipped, aftermarket exhaust, pyro, boost and tranny temp gauges. And a few other goodies to make it run sweet. Those are good times on your Ram!!!!!

My tractor is diesel, now the gator is diesel. I probably would've bought it the first time if they had been available but they weren't. At least it's what I wanted. Justifying the cost difference to my wife wasn't easy. I think she's sold now though. Only thing I have that's gas now is my Miller Bobcat welder and riding mower.

But, I have a secret phase out plan for that equipment that the CFO doesn't know about yet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chuck

/ Problem with HPX...... #49  
I'm really bad, as Dozernut and Jippy noticed. Even my welder, generator, and riding mower are diesel. Heck, with the 28hp zero turn raduis diesel mower I have, my wife mows most of my yard! The machine is Grasshopper, but the power is Kubota. The end result is the wife likes it and takes a big load off of me by mowing about 8 to 10 acres herself each week. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
By the way, I actually emailed JD to ask them if they were going to come out with a factory cab with A/C in the 40 to 50 hp size tractor to compete with Kubota and try to pick up market share, like me, who have gone to Kubota. It is interesting that in their reply they told me that they could not tell me about anything that is not yet released for knowledge to their dealerships. How bout that Jippy? Any clues what Green is up to?

/ Problem with HPX......
Yes, that seems odd to me as well. Sometimes I don't understand Deere's marketing strategy. Kinda like the discussion of discontinuing the 6x4 that I read earlier.

For what it's worth, if you haven't checked into a Mahindra, they just released a 45hp cab model. Looks nice too.

I've been extremely pleased with my Mahindra and it's a helluva lotta tractor for the money.

Chuck