Problems with a logger

/ Problems with a logger #31  
Studor is right. Call the adjuster!

We had a car flip onto our land and cause minimal damage. Never saw the driver. Just woke up one morning and a car was upside down in our field.

One call to the insurance company and they told me that they did not know who the driver was. I requested that an adjuster call me anyway.

Once the adjuster arrived, they made it clear that any damage would be covered. I told the adjuster I wanted to make sure that nothing was overlooked. The adjuster said that I could talk to an attorney, but going to court would not be required. Finally, I asked the adjuster for the paperwork to be written in simple English.

After I figured up what it would cost, I added some extra money for missed items. I call the adjuster and told them how I came to the amount. (Even told them I was adding the extra money.)

They paid that amount. (Something less than $10,000) They did not request bids or any documents to support my claim. They emailed me a document which basically said that $$$$ would cover all damages caused by this accident. I signed the paper, faxed it back, and they cut me a check the next week.

My situation was indisputable. A picture of the car on my property, including the license plate. The Highway Patrol report which supported my picture.

I hope you have an equally good experience.

Mark