Propane prices..

/ Propane prices.. #11  
I just pre-paid for this winters propane. I didn't know how much it would be this winter with the price of everything going up so I figured it can't hurt... the price of propane definitely won't be going down anytime soon. I got 850 gallons @ $2.09

/ Propane prices.. #12  
Did you get 15 or 20 pounds of propane? Some places stop at 15 lbs. just to be safe I guess.
The exchange companies started the 15# fill situation. Locally it's $24 to swap your tank for one at the convenience store. It only has 15# of propane, hence higher profit. Most people using it for their backyard grill don't know or care about the difference, it is just convenient.

/ Propane prices.. #13  
then again, underfilling makes the tanks easier to carry! Every pound they keep but charge you for is done as a convenience for the buyer! Just ask them! (>)

/ Propane prices..
I just pre-paid for this winters propane. I didn't know how much it would be this winter with the price of everything going up so I figured it can't hurt... the price of propane definitely won't be going down anytime soon. I got 850 gallons @ $2.09
You did good IMHO..

/ Propane prices.. #15  
$3.59 a gallon around here currently. I wanted to buy my own tank but procrastinated too long. This year a new 320 gallon tank is ~ $3000...and no one has any. Can't even find any used/rebuilt tanks in stock anywhere.

/ Propane prices.. #16  
I just prebought 500 gallons at $2.79 per gallon

/ Propane prices.. #17  
A 20# tank is $11 to fill here.... and it is 20lb for sure. Every one is done on a scale. This is at a propane supplier. The exchange places are $25.

/ Propane prices.. #18  
I rent my tank and can contract a year's worth at $2.14

/ Propane prices.. #19  
How are y'all getting 20# of propane in a 20# tank? A full tank will only hold 16# (80% fill to allow for expansion). The 15# is 75% fill so 5% short of full. In the summer time my supplier will only fill above ground tanks to 70% due to expansion of the liquid.

/ Propane prices.. #20  
I expect to pay somewhere around $3.25/gallon on the next fill of our 500 gallon tank. Last fill, late last fall, was about $3.00.