pto backup generator

/ pto backup generator #81  
Lol good luck with that...dont forget the maintenance cost on your tractor and wear and tear racking up those hours.

/ pto backup generator
Just as a followup We bought the 15K Winco generator and it works great and powers everything in the house. Got an electrician to wire it all up. Tractor can run in the open shed and is away from the house so it is quiet. Just run it a few hrs at a time as needed.Only have had one extended power outage since it was installed in 2018. Glad I went this route.

/ pto backup generator #83  
Just as a followup We bought the 15K Winco generator and it works great and powers everything in the house. Got an electrician to wire it all up. Tractor can run in the open shed and is away from the house so it is quiet. Just run it a few hrs at a time as needed.Only have had one extended power outage since it was installed in 2018. Glad I went this route.

I also ended up with a 15kw WinCo pto generator I think in 2019 or 2020. We installed a simple interlock on the panel, and it all works great!
I bought it with the trailer so that I can wheel it in and out of my shed when needed.

/ pto backup generator #84  
I've been using a Winco 15kw for years and years...

It's worked just fine for me and I always have my tractor ready to go.

SR
I just sold mine. I am going to buy an uninterrupted generator designed for home use. I realized, if power goes out… I have too many other things to do. It might not be too much for you, but it was for me. In the cold weather (northern Minnesota) the risk of animal water, and water lines in general freezing before I got the generator going. It seemed like a good idea, but not for my place.

/ pto backup generator #85  
I just sold mine. I am going to buy an uninterrupted generator designed for home use. I realized, if power goes out… I have too many other things to do. It might not be too much for you, but it was for me. In the cold weather (northern Minnesota) the risk of animal water, and water lines in general freezing before I got the generator going. It seemed like a good idea, but not for my place.
A generator isn't going to provide un interrupted coverage. You need battery powered UPSes for that. A generator is gonna take a minute to come on. Even commercial generators for data centers with constant coolant heaters are lucky to get started, up to RPM & stabilized in several tens of seconds.

Not sure if you are just using the wrong term for a standby generator or talking about true uninterrupted service.

/ pto backup generator #86  
A generator isn't going to provide un interrupted coverage. You need battery powered UPSes for that. A generator is gonna take a minute to come on. Even commercial generators for data centers with constant coolant heaters are lucky to get started, up to RPM & stabilized in several tens of seconds.

Not sure if you are just using the wrong term for a standby generator or talking about true uninterrupted service.

My guess is that it is a slight misinterpretation/misunderstanding. It seems to me that the OP's concern was that he had to be on-site to facilitate change-over from utility to on-site power. Yes, "un-interrupted" power for anything more than a few hundred to a thousand watts or so is going to be fairly -specialized and -expensive. But other than high level mission-critical operations, a 30 second power outage while a stand-by generator fires up and stabilizes is going to be more than needed but every bit of what many of us want.