pto link

/ pto link #2  
If you have to pound the shaft on and pound it back off $350 will buy a lot of grease, Fluid Film or oil. It will not make any PTO shaft lighter or less cumbersome to work with around a 3 pt hitch. How many thousands of dollars would it take to equip your tractors and implements so they are compatible and interchangeable?
This is a solution to a problem that exists only in the minds of those unwilling or unable to learn the simple tricks to attaching PTO shafts to tractors. Additionally, the use of this product is guaranteed to place the PTO shaft of any trailed implement well outside the ASAE standard dimensions for shaft/drawbar length setup. This will lead to shaft and u-joint wear, excessive vibration while turning and at a minimum require most if not all of your PTO shafts to be cut. This can be problematic for older, domestic sleeve and tube style PTOs and is an inconvenience in any case.
I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would recommend this product. I have seen it promoted on Facebook and many comments there mirror mine here.

Last edited:
   / pto link #3  
I am new to tractors and have a bad back. Hooking up the pto shaft is not a chore. The quick hitch takes the work out of attaching the implement to the 3 point. If you have the pto shaft, that little button you got to push and the stub on the tractor all lubricated it makes it so much easier.

This is a solution in search of a problem.

I can see how the weight of the pto shaft on a bigger tractor would be troublesome.

/ pto link #5  
Some times the PTO shaft goes on easy as pie. Then there are the other times. I completely agree - clean & well greased is the only way. My biggest problem has alway been EXACTLY correct alignment.

A bungee cord or short looped rope certainly can help. Patience can be a big help also.

/ pto link #6  
If you have to pound the shaft on and pound it back off $350 will buy a lot of grease, Fluid Film or oil. It will not make any PTO shaft lighter or less cumbersome to work with around a 3 pt hitch. How many thousands of dollars would it take to equip your tractors and implements so they are compatible and interchangeable?
This is a solution to a problem that exists only in the minds of those unwilling or unable to learn the simple tricks to attaching PTO shafts to tractors. Additionally, the use of this product is guaranteed to place the PTO shaft of any trailed implement well outside the ASAE standard dimensions for shaft/drawbar length setup. This will lead to shaft and u-joint wear, excessive vibration while turning and at a minimum require most if not all of your PTO shafts to be cut. This can be problematic for older, domestic sleeve and tube style PTOs and is an inconvenience in any case.
I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would recommend this product. I have seen it promoted on Facebook and many comments there mirror mine here.

What Rick said!

/ pto link #10  
I bought a PTO Link on 6-26, returned it on 7-11-19 for the following reasons. 1 - They do not tell you about the 1/2" ADDITIONAL Snap link pin that is Required for any Tiller, Chipper or Mower that has a side shift, I have all 3. I also have a implement with a real short shaft, this would not work with it. Read the fine and I mean fine print in the terms at the bottom of the page, link Then they charged me a 20% restocking fee even though the items were never unpackaged. I have the use of one hand only, it did not seem to bother the guy I spoke with, he downplayed the need for the extra pin, hard selling me and downplaying the real need for the additional, 2nd pin.