PTO Shield parts.

/ PTO Shield parts. #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
I have a Bush Hog 3126 (offset) mower. Last weekend I lost a part of the PTO Shield. This is the PTO drive shaft that runs crosswise from one gear box to the other. It is not the PTO shaft that hooks directly to the tractor.

The PTO shields are somewhat of a pain in that the ends need to be slid back to grease the U-Joints. The ends are held on by a collar that hooks to the tubular part of the shield and snaps around a groove on the PTO shaft, near the U-joint. I lost one of the collars.

I looked the parts up on the Bush Hog part list, purchased them and...they don't fit.

The only info I can find on the shields is: Bondioli & Pavesi 5.G1.01 (on one end) And 5.G1.02 (on the other).

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to find the parts I need. I've removed the PTO shaft, will take it to the local tractor shop if I have to. At least this was a good time to separate the shafts, clean and re-grease them.

Thanks, in advance.

/ PTO Shield parts. #2  
Bush Hog seems to always have shaft choices for every machine. You can get the correct shield parts if you identify the shaft/shield brand and series correctly. That said, somebody posted a new aftermarket PTO shield that had some type of quick release that allowed the bell to be slid back to access the zerk on the cross. Looked slick, but I didn't save the link.

/ PTO Shield parts. #3  
The shield on my tiller has a 3/4" hole in it that allows it to be rotated to align with the zerk.

/ PTO Shield parts. #4  
The shield on my tiller has a 3/4" hole in it that allows it to be rotated to align with the zerk.

That's what I'm familiar with too. Not that it helps you at the moment, but if you keep searching the numbers you find on your pieces you may be able to get the missing pieces. Pics would help folks help you.

/ PTO Shield parts.
Thanks, all. My shield also has the holes for greasing. They don't seem to line up, at least not for me.

I've taken the entire shaft off and will take it to the dealer to ensure I get the right parts.

/ PTO Shield parts. #6  
Check out Bare-co universal PTO Shields. Haven't got one myself, but they look nice. Can pull the whole cover off with 1 lever when doing maintenance.

Drive-lines.com website isn't the greatest, but the guys who answer the phones know their ****.
Universal Clutches