Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Getting the loader valve worked on so need to plug off the hydro lines. I took hoses off where they tie into the remote in the back and got 2 caps for the fitting. Question is should I have ran a hose in between the supply and return or is capping fine? This is all factory plumbed, 1070 loader on a Massey 4345. Started it up to move the tractor and it started fine, just hear a little different flow noise. No drag on tractor motor.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345.
67E3C747-1AB9-4E77-8361-775BCD3994B3.jpeg

Here’s a pic.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #3  
Put a hose between them and see if the noise goes away.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #4  
I think thatz a constant displacement pump. If it does not have a relief at the pump, you probably just caused some real damage.

It ties into the the remotes block and is fed by the same circuit. If I didn稚 have a loader there would be plugs there anyway I would think.

I talked to 3 different dealers before I capped them and they seemed it was fine. But none of them left me feeling 100% confident, that why I posted here. If for some reason it was an un checked circuit wouldn稚 it have killed the motor or popped something. The sound was normal bypass hissing..I hope

fullsizeoutput_314.jpeg

This is basically my loader. 28 is the plate that goes on the side of the remote block for this loader. 30 is the elbow I capped. Without the loader installed there is a plate there instead of 28, but besides all that, wouldn't the remote block be protected? Could you really have rubber hoses lead up front to the loader valve without those hoses being protected and only rely on the loader valve check?

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #7  
If you can turn flow off or on to the hose you capped, it is fine.
If flow is constant, you do not want to cap it off.
If it is a second valve you capped off, you all flow will go over the relief in the main valve. That would crate tons of heat and eventually screw things up, but not hurt anything imediately. If it is the first valve you capped off, the fluid would have no place to go save for wrecking the pump or blowing out the line.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #8  
Hard to tell with the limited pics and diagram.

When you say without a loader installed, there would likely be a plate where #28 is......odds are it wouldnt be just a flat block off plate. Rather a plate that combined the two passages.

So I got ahold of the main service guy at the dealer I bought from. He’s a Massey guru. So I need a hose between the 2 and the main check was protecting the pump. And the plate that goes on when not using a loader has a return port. The main check is set at about 2700psi so the pump was constantly at that pressure for the few minutes I ran it. Hydraulics are simple until you start messing with stuff... Thanks guys.

/ Question about plugging loader lines off. Massey 4345. #10  
Thanks for confirming my thought, posted in #3.

What you are calling the main check valve is the pressure relief valve.