Quick and dirty debris rake.

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #1  

herm0016

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720h
Quick and dirty debris rake. Works a charm. Cost me about 3 dollars in bolts and a bit of flux core wire. Made of a window grate I had in the pile, and a stick of 3/8 x 3.5 plate from the stack of stuff in the garage. 1568412152059.jpg

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #2  
Well, there you go! Looks like that'll do it!

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #3  
I could use that to pick up rocks in my food plots

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #5  
I love projects like this. Great work!

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #6  
I could use that to pick up rocks in my food plots

I clear a lot of land, and so I went in a different direction in terms of rakes. I built a 3 point hitch, pin wheel rake with solid teeth and screening. The screening between the wheel rims allows soil to be filtered through, yet windrow the rocks. For areas of heavy limbs and woody debris that could get jammed in the steel screens, I put round discs on.

It is not super efficient because it only casts debris to one side, so I have to make a pass, the circle around, and then rinse and repeat to clear an area, constantly pushing the debris to one side until it is too big of a pile to push with my little tractor. But sitting on a seat and driving tractor in circles is a lot better then moving rocks and limbs by hand!

DSCN0066.JPG

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #7  
Neat.

Hay rakes were often used in the past to windrow roots etc.

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #8  
I clear a lot of land, and so I went in a different direction in terms of rakes. I built a 3 point hitch, pin wheel rake with solid teeth and screening. The screening between the wheel rims allows soil to be filtered through, yet windrow the rocks. For areas of heavy limbs and woody debris that could get jammed in the steel screens, I put round discs on.

It is not super efficient because it only casts debris to one side, so I have to make a pass, the circle around, and then rinse and repeat to clear an area, constantly pushing the debris to one side until it is too big of a pile to push with my little tractor. But sitting on a seat and driving tractor in circles is a lot better then moving rocks and limbs by hand!

View attachment 622076

That's pretty awesome. I don't know that I would have thought of something like that!

/ Quick and dirty debris rake. #9  
Good work

Mine has a slightly different design that allows the blade to sit a few inches above the ground so that the tines can also work as surface rippers

Attachments

• stick_rake2 (600 x 480).jpg
    stick_rake2 (600 x 480).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 289
   / Quick and dirty debris rake.
Good work

Mine has a slightly different design that allows the blade to sit a few inches above the ground so that the tines can also work as surface rippers

my next project is teeth for my back blade.