Radiator Flush Kit ?

/ Radiator Flush Kit ? #1  

dec4trax

Tractor
Max 26 XLT
Need some advice from all you experienced mechanics...
First time Rad Fluid flush is due for service on my Mahindra. The Petcock is impossible to access due to all the framing and sheetmetal. The manual instructs to remove the ~1/2" OD hose that runs from the radiator to the back of the block to drain the Rad fluid. The FEL mounting frame blocks access to the hose clamp and we all know how those hoses like to "stick" once they have been clamped and heated. Has anyone ever installed a Prestone Flush Kit T adapter (or similar) on the hose so that the Radiator can be easily drained by unscrewing the drain cap on the T fitting ? Instead of the Rad fluid running in all directions when the hose is removed, it can be drained right into a bucket. Anyone have an opinion on installing this T fitting and if this is a good idea or bad idea ? If this is a standard practice for tractor mechanics, I could not find it in the search. It should make all future Radiator flushing service jobs much easier. Has anyone done this ? Not trying to use the entire flush kit that they make for automobiles, but looking for some advice from the experienced mechanics before I try this and regret it later for reasons I have not yet thought of. Thanks in advance for your feedback and advice.

Attachments

• Radiator Flush Kit.jpg
    Radiator Flush Kit.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 61
   / Radiator Flush Kit ? #2  
As long as you put it out of the way where it wont be easily snagged, I see no problem adding one of these.

/ Radiator Flush Kit ? #3  
In sense of being a adapter for any automotive use I don't see where it would have any negatives on a tractor, if installed properly...