Rant Therapy....grrr

/ Rant Therapy....grrr #51  
Gary, during the time I was in charge of the police auto pound, we heard a lot of sad stories from folks who said they just didn't have the money to get their vehicles out of the pound. But usually, when all else failed, they reached in their pockets and came up with the cash. But then one day, a house painter got out of jail and came after his pickup, and his story wasn't really that much different; only that he had no money, but did have a 2 or 3 day job lined up, would get paid on completion, and could pay the wrecker and impound fees then, but needed the pickup to get to the job. It would be impossible to explain why, but I believed him. Now the city sure doesn't work on "credit", but I loaned the guy the money out of my pocket. Other employees thought it was funny and figured the captain would never see that money again. But come Friday, he showed up with the cash in hand. There are plenty of dishonest folks in the world, but still some honest ones, too.:)

Bird do you think wearing a badge had anything to do about him repaying you.
:D:D

/ Rant Therapy....grrr #52  
Bird do you think wearing a badge had anything to do about him repaying you.
:D:D

Nope, I really don't think so. I knew some other officers who said they had loaned money and never got it back. That's the reason they didn't think I'd get mine back. And there was no paperwork, contract, or anything like that. If he hadn't paid, it would have just been forgotten.