Front-End Loader Ratchet Rake // Today

/ Ratchet Rake // Today #21  
I use the LR a lot for crowning/grading and a first pass with the Ratchet Rake can save half a dozen with it to scratch a good base. That said, I don't use mine often but I wouldn't be without it. I agree it's tops for pushing root piles to be grappled.

btw, That I can just hop seats vs switching out implements ought to show how lazy I am. Three CUTs is just enough. o_O

/ Ratchet Rake // Today #22  
dlctcg 6/2021

Is there a reason the 68” version would not work with a 72” FEL bucket that has a bolt on reinforcing edge installed?

If the mounting gap on the RR is a tight fit over the bolt-on edge on your bucket, after use you may need a sledge to break the RR free.

So I called RR about RR fitting the FEL bucket with the bolt-on edge installed. After much discussion they recommend the 68" width because the RR would have room to be positioned left or right along the bucket to avoid conflict between the edge attachment bolts and the mounting parts of the RR. The standard RR will accommodate a bucket (or bolt on edge) up to 7/8" thick without modification. However with (designed) modification it can handle up to 1-3/8" thickness....
I have a JD 990 with a 300CX FEL and the HD bucket with a bolt on knife edge. The bucket is 72". I was able to buy my Ratchet Rake from TSC when they were getting rid of them so I got a $300+ RR for $80 new at the time. I have used it a couple of times and it has worked very well and no problems with using the knife edge with it.

/ Ratchet Rake // Today #23  
Gotta say I am a little jealous of OP. It seems like he has all of the toys! I'm going to have to stick to maybe 3 or 4 attachments. It may be worth a thread just on that. For Alton Brown fans...I need multitask ers!