RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #851  
That's nice John. Would there be a point to bolting a sturdy stop plate in for the goose neck hitch? Might prevent a bent toolbox or fuel tank is what I was thinking.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Funny you mentioned that Dave. The toolbox is actually only 1" closer to the hitch than it was before, but I thought about adding a steel upright plate at that end of the hitch box today.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #853  
Funny you mentioned that Dave. The toolbox is actually only 1" closer to the hitch than it was before, but I thought about adding a steel upright plate at that end of the hitch box today.

I'm not doubting your driving abilities--but ya know stuff happens. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #854  
So how many miles are on the ol' trusty Dodge? Has the CTL been in the shop much lately?

The Dodge just turned over 200k and I like the Cummins, but the rest of the truck is just okay. After owning our '99 Super Duty for 325k (which is still used every day by my beautiful wife), I really wish that Ford hadn't dropped the diesel ball for so many years. Compared to the Ford, the Dodge feels like it's made out of old Coors cans. I understand that the new Fords have been giving good service, but no way would I buy a new truck. I could buy another rental house in town for what they want for them these days!

The Case has been doing just fine...knock on wood. I had to replace another front idler and the high pressure side a/c line, but that's not a big deal.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I picked up a slightly used LandPride LR2584 landscape rake today for a song. I've been wanting one for job cleanup and my wife's arena for quite some time. All of the used Chinese junk I found was going for just slightly less than new. I got the LP for less than that.
Rake01.jpg

Sitting next to the rake was an interesting Grademaster landplane. The front blade had a serrated edge and the second blade was a series of straight scarifiers. The third blade (yes...third blade) was a flip-over design with a serrated edge on one side and a smoothing blade on the other. The lady that owned the rake said that a guy had left it there over a year ago and she hadn't been able to get a hold of him to pick it up. She's going to give him one more try this next week. If he doesn't respond...the landplane is mine.
Rake02.jpg Rake03.jpg Rake04.jpg Rake05.jpg

And last but not least, a cool '39 Ford Coupe I spied at the local fuel stop. Makes me itch to get busy on my Studebaker!
Rake06.jpg

Thought I'd catch up on a few work pics since I haven't posted any in awhile. I've been busier than a three legged dog in a butt kicking contest.

Here's a few for entry to a new shop. I cut a swale, graded for drainage and spread roadbase with a topping of crushed limestone.
Doug01.jpg Doug03.jpg Doug05.jpg Doug07.jpg Doug09.jpg Doug10.jpg Doug11.jpg Doug12.jpg

After all of the rain we've had this year, the common concern I hear from customers is drainage, drainage, DRAINAGE! Works for me since that's what I do. :thumbsup:

On this little project there was no room for drainage swales, so I built up the driveway 8-10" and crowned. Luckily there's a drain pipe running under the concrete approach to collect the water from that side of the road.
LO01.jpg LO03.jpg LO04.jpg LO05.jpg LO06.jpg

The homeowner has a nice Kioti for brush hogging duties.
LO07.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #859  
Did you hear back about the landplane?