Rear Blade choice

/ Rear Blade choice #1  

DPSailor

Tractor
Kubota M6040
I have a Kubota M6040. The tires are 82” wide so leaning towards an 8’ blade. With filled tires and the loader, I’m right at about 10,000 pounds. I’m in NH so rocky soil. My intent primarily is improving my trails in the woods so cutting into hillsides to level off. I’ll also do some ditching. Not likely for snow removal.
I do have a box blade on order, EA, and not likely to see that until fall.
Locally, I have a Landpride RB3796 and a Mahindra heavy duty 8’. Same price for both. The Mahindra is at 700 lbs, 40 more than the Landpride. I was set on the LP but I went to look at it and the welds were filling a gap where the angled support brackets met the crossbeam. The salesman assured me this is how they are made but I’m a little leery.
I could order an EA but would like to be working on this prior to the fall.
This is my first tractor at this property and would appreciate anyone’s input.
Are either of the local blades sufficient? Should I look at other brands or models? I don’t think hydraulics are necessary for me.
Thanks

Attachments

• 59DEA50D-E8BB-4452-9074-78FC30230F09.jpeg
    59DEA50D-E8BB-4452-9074-78FC30230F09.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
   / Rear Blade choice #2  
I had a light weight blade and quickly broke it, I think it was TS. Last year I found a used rhino 850- 7' blade. It weighs a little over #900. It made the other one seem like a toy. The weight makes a big difference in cutting so IMHO the heavier the better. The second factor is length behind the tractor. The further back the smoother the finish. The third and most important it blade adjustability. A 6 way blade will do more and you'll use it more. Hope this helps. BTW if my tractor was as big as yours I'd go with the rhino 950 with hydraulics and the tail wheel option

/ Rear Blade choice #3  
Does the blade you ordered have the wicked tines? I have an EA cat 1 cat 2 7-ft blade I just bought used and immediately broke a tine and bent almost 90° another time I'm in Maine so the same Rocky soil. I believe the new wicked times will not break so easily

/ Rear Blade choice #4  
No tines, heavy replaceable cutting edge

/ Rear Blade choice #5  
This is my set-up
IMG_20200515_175029218.jpg

/ Rear Blade choice
Thanks everyone for the replies. I’ve got a call out to the Rhino dealer in Concord to see what they have.
The 850 and 950 both look like tanks.
I had looked, briefly, at the TS models but they were only rated for 40hp I believe so quickly put them aside.

/ Rear Blade choice #7  
Yup NH known for growing good rock crop,hyd would be the cats @ss but blade that will turn 180 degrees also nice for finishing touches back dragging.

/ Rear Blade choice #8  
Nothing less than 800lbs, heaver the better and an 8 foot blade for sure. 7' is to narrow for your tractor and a 9 footer would be the tail wagging the dog IMO. Might want to keep an eye open for how much offset capability the blade has if you have ditches and the like to clean out. They do build them different, ranging from 24" up to 35" I believe for a good 8' rear blade.

/ Rear Blade choice #9  
I just received my 96” EA blade. It seems very well built, but other than moving some loose dirt and gravel, I haven’t put it to the test yet.
I opted for the manual tail wheel, so once it’s set to grade it can’t drift or be moved by bumping the wrong hydraulic control.
IMG_0517.JPG

I installed a Summit 3 stack multiplier so I can operate all three functions and the hydraulic top link and still have my detented remote free.
IMG_0538.JPG

/ Rear Blade choice #10  
Mr. 3LFarms, greatly interested in details on the Summit setup.

Looks like you have an original set of 3 remotes, and the Summit is using one set, your Top & Tilt are using the others?

Was it plug and play to add, or were there significant modifications necessary?

Did you have to order the hydraulic lines separately?

Any chance of seeing a photo of the control box?

To the OP. I run an 8' EA blade on my 60 HP MX6000. At ~5K# loaded, it is not over-sized for the tractor.

A straight pull in wet sticky clay will work the tractor, but 98% of blade work is done using an angled blade.

The wider blade provides full coverage of the wheel width, and then some when offset and angled.

And as someone above mentioned, go with the heaviest blade you can find.

If I had your full sized tractor, I'd be looking at 10' blades, nothing less than 9' and hydraulics to adjust them. Manual adjustment of the offset on the 8' takes some effort the higher it is lifted up.

EA makes solid implements...and Rhino makes some good products also.