Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #321  
I'm trying to picture a guy who goes by Hillbilly wearing an orange suit or orange shoes.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #322  
Hilbilly, happy to hear they are giving you a new unit. I like the gray color. Mine is gray and it looks good. If it were orange it would be too much orange. Like wearing an orange suit with gray shoes, or wearing an orange suit with orange shoes. Too much

Says the guy with an orange tractor, with an orange bucket and orange wheels, lol. I looked at your video again and think it would look ever nicer with an orange blower. :stirthepot:

I'm trying to picture a guy who goes by Hillbilly wearing an orange suit or orange shoes.

That's a great idea. I'm going go into the big city tomorrow to get me an orange outfit to go with the tractor.:rotfl:

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #323  
Hilbilly,
Great to see FK stepping up and addressing your issues. After reading your posts I have been even more careful with mine but so far so good. Not enough snow threw it to work it very hard yet.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #324  
Hilbilly,
Great to see FK stepping up and addressing your issues. After reading your posts I have been even more careful with mine but so far so good. Not enough snow threw it to work it very hard yet.

I certainly wouldn't baby my blower. If there are any issues with it I would like to discover them while the blower has warranty. I don't mean go out and find a gravel pile to run through but run it at 540 PTO rpm and use it to it's full potential. To me that means go as fast as the blower can handle, given the snow conditions. Don't go faster than you're comfortable with but don't hesitate to work the blower hard. My old Meteor has been worked to it's full potential pretty much since I bought it used 11 years ago. The reason it is always worked hard is because it doesn't get used until the snow banks are closing off the driveway and I have to use the blower to open it up. That snow has been pushed into the banks many times by then and is always well compacted by the time the blower hits it. I want to get the blowing done as fast as possible, since it is all done looking over my shoulder, so I work that blower as hard as I can. It still works just fine. Over the years I've only replaced the bearings twice, with the last time being last week. Both times were because I ran into some gravel or dirt that I wasn't expecting. The cost to replace the bearings was about $60. I've also recently straightened out the auger, which got bent a few times during my early ownership and finding some very large rocks with it. I now make sure I remove all large rocks from the driveway every fall.

Hope you get some more snow to play with.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #325  
Unbelievable, worst winter of all time in terms of no snow. Can't believe it. It snowed around Thanksgiving, then we had one nice 5 inch storm that I missed because I had to go to Florida. I was so upset I missed that one. Even worse, when I went to Florida it was freezing. It was 40 degrees with a 40 mph wind.

The next 10 days look quiet, which brings us to March. So depressing to have a snowless winter. The brand new inverter blower only got used twice so far. Not to start a mess, but this is the shift of the new climate. The winter snow industry in the Northeast is in dire straits. No snow on the slopes, and the snow mobile trails are not white.

OrangeMuscle, that's what happens when you buy a new blower! I picked up mine 2 years ago, and it hasn't seen more than 6 inches at a time. Really hoping for 12" or more to test it out!

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #326  
Well you guys with the new blowers and equipment are whats keeping the snow away,
all I can say is good work keep it up. I am enjoying the amount of snow this winter not the amount of mud though.
I would like to see it freeze up and then just stay that way till spring warmup and thaw.:laughing:

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #327  
If you guys that are missing snow need a release you are welcome to come to my place. I was out of town last week, came home to about 2 feet of heavy snow last night. Figured I would spend an hour or two tonight cleaning it up but I would be glad to let you do it. :D

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #328  
The selling dealer for my FK blower got back to me today and said that FK is not making any snow blowers until next year, as they are now making summer related equipment. So if I am dead set on getting a replacement orange one I would have to wait until they start making blowers again but would have to stop using this one until then. This is what FK told him. So I agreed to accept a charcoal grey blower instead of an orange one. Worst case scenario is I paint the new one orange if the grey really bothers me (which I doubt will happen). Now I wait to see how and when they will get the new one to me and where I return the orange one.

I'm pleased that Farm King stepped up and offered a replacement blower but wish I could have had the same color. In any case I think they did the right thing and appreciate that. I'm glad to see they stand behind their products and look after their customers. This could have been a real nightmare to deal with. So here's a :thumbsup: to Farm King.

Hoping and expecting that the new blower does not have any of the issues this one has. Once I receive the replacement, I will post a pic and a review.

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #329  
Will you put a collar on your new one for safety's sake?

/ Rear Inverted Snowblowers 2019 #330  
I think I'll take the collar off the old one before it goes back and keep it just in case. I would hope that the new one works properly, as supplied, and will run it that way, at least until it is out of warranty. I'm hoping that the one I got was just the one bad one that slipped through. I hope the new arrives in time for me to at least give a run through some snow before it's all gone.