Rear Blade Rear scrape blade

/ Rear scrape blade
Cadplans,
My eventual plan is to have Brian at fitrite, build my cylinders for me. I just in the initial stage of getting it all together but I do agree that manual adjustments on a blade that size could be very dangerous.

/ Rear scrape blade #12  
Check out Woods products.

/ Rear scrape blade #15  
Another reason why I keep my blade manual. When plowing snow or grading my gravel roads, I like to turn the blade 180 degrees and work with the back of the moldboard. Not easy to do with hydraulics.

/ Rear scrape blade #16  
Have you been in contact with Brian about building the cylinders?

I guess I'm not sure why you want him to build them rather than the exact ones the OEM uses. And it is probably gonna be cheaper to just get the blade from the MFG with them already set up.

But, quite a few heavy duty blades are indeed setup for cylinders already. The just use a telescoping mechanism or ratchet mechanism in place of cylinders.

/ Rear scrape blade
Have you been in contact with Brian about building the cylinders?

I guess I'm not sure why you want him to build them rather than the exact ones the OEM uses. And it is probably gonna be cheaper to just get the blade from the MFG with them already set up.

But, quite a few heavy duty blades are indeed setup for cylinders already. The just use a telescoping mechanism or ratchet mechanism in place of cylinders.

I have been in contact with him, and I just wanted heavier cylinders then what the oem provides.

/ Rear scrape blade #18  
On my EA landscape rake, it has the same mechanics when adjusting it. I just adjust the tension on the rake so it is somewhere between won't budge and fidget spinner so I can use it without worry. Common sense always prevails.

/ Rear scrape blade #19  
A couple things;

1. Brian is very high on his cylinders imo. Bad plan to for go the cylinders and then get him to make them later.
2. I have an 8' land pride and I unpin it constantly, and unless I'm on a very steep angle, it's super easy to turn and position because it seems to be perfectly balanced.
3. I use my hydraulic top link with it, and then I use a switch between offset and blade angle for my 2nd remote, and then I use the third remote for angle depth into the ground.

Just buy a land pride at 0% interest and get it the way you want it from day 1.

/ Rear scrape blade #20  
I have been in contact with him, and I just wanted heavier cylinders then what the oem provides.
For what reason? The cylinders are sized so they don't damage the blade. They are appropriately sized.

You're not doing yourself any favors. You're making things hard on yourself.