Rear work light mounting bar.

/ Rear work light mounting bar. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
I just created an album documenting the high mounted rear work light bar made of Unistrut (a.k.a. Silly-Strut) that I made for my JD 4200. I did this project before I bought a welder.

Getting the lights up high gets them out of my kidneys as the factory mounting location caused lots of discomfort and bad words.

The other nice thing about the Unistrut light bar is that I can add other unimagined things to it easily at a later date.

I did not have to do any drilling to any existing JD or FEMCO canopy components.

To view the album, please click the link in my signature.

/ Rear work light mounting bar. #2  
Nicely done!!!

This is one of the best add-ons I've seen. The other projects in your album looked great too!

/ Rear work light mounting bar. #3  
Very nice! I looked through the rest of your Album and your attention to detail is obvious. And you get things powdercoated too!

/ Rear work light mounting bar.
Thank you RoyJackson and coldkubota. I appreciate the kind words.

I do my best with my limited tools and shop to do as nice as work as possible. Although powder coating adds to the bill, I figure if I've gone far enough to expend that much effort and money, I may as well finish it off. Besides, things still rust in Colorado, just not as fast as humid climates.

My wife is also ecstatic that I get the stuff powder coated instead of me stinking up the basement shop with spray paint.

/ Rear work light mounting bar. #5  
Nice Job!!

When I see scribed lines on Dykem for the layout, I know I'm seeing the work of a craftsman!! And the powder coat.......

When I first heard Uni-Strut, I thought "Uhh Oh", but it looks great. Work to be proud of!

/ Rear work light mounting bar. #6  
very nice, thanks for the tips to see where i'm going :)