Record your tractor's serial number.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
Write down or put in your phone the serial number of your tractor. That way you can have the dealer look up EXACTLY what parts you need.

Nothing more frustrating than picking up parts, say an air filter, only to get to the tractor and discover you have the wrong part.

Lesson learned.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #2  
It's also a good idea to retain serial numbers in case of theft - not that anybody would ever steal a tractor.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #3  
For warranty parts, I just text a picture of the tractor serial number, part needed, and hour meter to my dealer. He mails me the part. No need to write anything down ;)

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #4  
Ha, ha - I emailed my local Kubota dealer with tractor serial # and part #. After a couple days - I called them. Parts manager said they seldom check their incoming email. Lesson learned.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #5  
I take pictures of everything and keep them in my phone. Even if i make a physical list thsts hand writen on paper i take a picture of it...then when i forget it il still have it.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #6  
A great idea, it's surprising how common it is to see running changes made which can result in obtaining the wrong part.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #7  
I take pictures of everything and keep them in my phone. Even if i make a physical list thsts hand writen on paper i take a picture of it...then when i forget it il still have it.

And......when you loose your phone, or drop it in the water......you do what ???

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #8  

Yes! I do the same, for all kinds of things, and when I got the tractor I took pictures of every identification plate I found anywhere on the tractor or loader. I also took pictures of a few spots in the manual or other docs that I thought I might need specifics on later.

I have an iPhone and online storage that automatically keeps it all. They kind of took care of all the details and it mostly just works. More than once I've pulled out the phone to work through some problem, either when I'm with the machine, or when I'm at some dealer or hardware store.

Besides, you never know when some little mishap is going to obliterate one of those stamped aluminum tags.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #9  
I keep my tractors serial # in a folder cause it fell off. My data plate was just a sticker.

But Ill be the first to admit I use my phone to store info and disassembly pics all the time cause I forget a lot more these days.

/ Record your tractor's serial number. #10  
When I got my Kubota I photographed every sticker and label on it (and on the front end loader). That information is now on my phone, my computer and an external hard drive so there is always a backup. Sure saves time and lessens the chance of mistakes when buying parts.