Red-Neck Mailbox ???

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #11  
You might be a redneck if ...

Attachments

• Capture 17.JPG
    Capture 17.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 127
   / Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #12  
I like your mailbox posts. Unfortunately, my post is dictated by the State DOT since I live on a state highway. They provide the post, reflectors and set the post. I provide the mailbox, they do everything else, so no fancy posts. The one they provide meets their breakaway specs. They came thru a couple of years after I bought our place and replaced all the posts the property owners had put in, including a really nice one down the road a ways.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #13  
I like your mailbox posts. Unfortunately, my post is dictated by the State DOT since I live on a state highway. They provide the post, reflectors and set the post. I provide the mailbox, they do everything else, so no fancy posts. The one they provide meets their breakaway specs. They came thru a couple of years after I bought our place and replaced all the posts the property owners had put in, including a really nice one down the road a ways.
I hope that doesn't apply to county roads. Not looking for anything fancy, but I don't want the state involved in anything more than absolutely necessary.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #14  
At least Tx DOT should use thicker wall PVC for post so mailbox doesn't move around when the wind is blowing or when one is attempting to get mail from wiggling box

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #15  
Our county as well as the local USPS has specific requirements for mailbox posts and boxes as well including overall height, distance from the road right of way and overall design and if you don't comply, the rural route carrier won't deposit your mail in the roadside box and you have to drive to town to fetch it.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #16  
My post office has gotten it in their head that i don't live there, turns out that if we do not pick up our mail for 5 days they declare that we moved and start returning things like my voter registration, causing the register to put a hold on my right to vote. so to vote i have to fill out a change of address, back to my original address. had to go down and fill out forms with the post office to say that i still live there. the funny thing is that i'm still getting mail for people that have not lived there for years.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #17  
There is a diesel engine shop on my way to work that has either a Detroit 8V-71 or 8V-92 outside holding up their mailbox. Oddly enough I did not see an oil puddle underneath of it.
No puddle under a Detroit means no oil in the engine

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #18  
We have to put up with the dinky city
mail boxes. When you get a small
package it will not fit in the tiny little
city mail box so we have to drive 30
miles to get the little package

The post office can't afford to put up
country mail boxes but they have have
3 post masters within 5 miles of each
other for 3 small towns

willy

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #19  
We have a internet store and we ship USPS and UPS 5 days a week so they just to come up to the house. (y)

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #20  
We have to put up with the dinky city
mail boxes. When you get a small
package it will not fit in the tiny little
city mail box so we have to drive 30
miles to get the little package

The post office can't afford to put up
country mail boxes but they have have
3 post masters within 5 miles of each
other for 3 small towns

willy
Well at least you can get some mail delivered... in my dinky little town I'm required to have a PO Box, at a reduced rate mind you, but I still have to pay an annual rental fee!!! So any mail, and most deliveries (including Amazon), I have to go into town.

They alert me via text when there's mail or a parcel.

They'll deliver to properties on the highway but apparently I'm juuuuust outside the postie's route.