Red-Neck Mailbox ???

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #21  
Well at least you can get some mail delivered... in my dinky little town I'm required to have a PO Box, at a reduced rate mind you, but I still have to pay an annual rental fee!!! So any mail, and most deliveries (including Amazon), I have to go into town.

They alert me via text when there's mail or a parcel.

They'll deliver to properties on the highway but apparently I'm juuuuust outside the postie's route.
A post office is the only thing I don’t need to drive 20 miles to find… it’s about a mile and a half down the road. I have a box I can access 24/7 yet what I don’t understand is that a lot of people have it delivered to their house even though they live within sight of the post office. UPS and FedEx deliver to my door, although once it starts snowing (today) I have packages delivered at a drop off point 10 miles away, and pay a fee to pick them up.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #22  
Here even the smallest PO boxes have gone up to over $90 / 6 months...

Last edited:
   / Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #23  
Here even the smallest PO boxes have gone up to over $90 / month...
OUCH! I have a slightly larger than normal, and just paid 54$ for six months.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #24  
You guys sure can make a thread get boring, real quick.

Fall in line! Here are some to get this thread back on track.

1668645651516.png

1668645698724.png

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #27  
Years ago when I was looking for a single bottom plow they were nearly impossible to find. Yet there were two within a mile of each other which I drove past regularly... each had been converted to mailbox posts.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #28  
Years ago when I was looking for a single bottom plow they were nearly impossible to find. Yet there were two within a mile of each other which I drove past regularly... each had been converted to mailbox posts.
Many years ago I was helping a friend's son work on a Puch moped...We went to the repair shop that sold or rented just about anything with a motor on it including a lot of motorcycles etc...
Told the guy what we were looking for and he said he was sure he had a couple Puchs somewhere...we found one that was of no use and looked for a good hour for the other one with no joy...as we were driving out there it was standing on the back wheel holding up the mailbox...could even read the word PUCH on the body...must have previously driven by it hundreds of times...

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #29  
A year ago a 16 year old boy rang our doorbell early one morning saying he hit our mailbox...then his Mom shows up. I told them in 42 years our box had been hit 10 times and he was the first to stop!
Very smart kid, he skipped two grades & just started college. He said he would fix it after classes later...but by that afternoon I had repaired it, but we could paint it. I offered him a job since I figured he needed money which he gladly accepted. I knew he had to be honest and he was.
That Christmas his Mom made us a fantastic cake. There are some great kids out there who have great parents.

/ Red-Neck Mailbox ??? #30  
The post office can't afford to put up
country mail boxes but they have have
3 post masters within 5 miles of each
other for 3 small towns
It's not the post offices' responsibility to put up ANY mailboxes and never has been. It's your responsibility to erect and maintain the mailbox and adhere to USPS requirements for it.