Reputation Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Reputation Points? #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
I was reading a post today and noticed that the poster had a small green square under their avatar. When I held the cursor over the square it informed me that the poster had more than 10 "reputation points". Further down, in the area where you can report the post there was an option to add to the poster's reputation. I changed pages and when I came back to that post those items were no longer there. I have never seen those options before and could not find them on any post since. Just curious, what does it mean?

Mark

Never mind, I found the answer in the faq's. This must not be an option that is enabled very often. Sorry if I wasted anyones time.

Last edited:
   / Reputation Points? #2  
Probably just someone playing with the software.

But, i think rep points may be beneficial and something that the owners should look at instigating. The down side is rep points can be used as "punishment" by others who disagree with what your saying, so its a catch-22.

/ Reputation Points? #3  
I was testing a new feature that we may or may not implement... basically, it would allow people to mark a post as "helpful" and then a user's reputation would increase as the number of "helpful" posts increased.

/ Reputation Points? #4  
Interesting idea. So your rep could only go up?

/ Reputation Points? #5  
Do you really want to rate your members and turn TBN into a competitive contest instead of a friendly family forum?

Someone with Orange would have more points than someone with Blue so would this make this person better to tell you what type of oil to use or would it just create more animosity toward others?

TBN is fine like it is without grading it's members to make some superior over the inferiors.

/ Reputation Points? #6  
tallyho8: I agree that most sites with Rep turn into a P****** match of tit for tat, but from my understanding it sounds like there can be no negative rep, only + rep. so that would eliminate most of the games that get played.

Sort of like my mom said" If you dont have anything good to say, than dont say anything":D

And most sites give the users the option of not displaying their Rep level as well.

/ Reputation Points? #7  
The thing that keeps me coming to TBN is its pure simplicity.

I like the free form ideas, the unlcluttered posts and the non-teathered nature to the new social networking that builds linking with reputations, scoring and profiling.

Some people I know have a hard enough time with the text graphics and fonts introduced. :)

No thanks, I opt for simple.

/ Reputation Points? #8  
Hi Guys,

No worries... we aren't implementing reputation points or any other post rating features. I was only testing it for about five minutes and only in one forum. Didn't think anybody would notice. :p ;)

/ Reputation Points? #9  
Thanks!

I saw your "we may/we may not" post and figured I'd add my .02 cents worth.

How can one not notice TBN features! (Shirley) you jest! :)

/ Reputation Points?
Hi Guys,

No worries... we aren't implementing reputation points or any other post rating features. I was only testing it for about five minutes and only in one forum. Didn't think anybody would notice. :p ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir for you. It was only curiosity, just a coincidence that I saw it when I did.:)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.