Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #331  
Why the line-lock ? Are you planning on drag racing this beautiful car, or do you just like doing smoky burnouts ?

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
Ya never know when it just might come in handy....

Got this for the Tremec 5 speed shift lever.

Line-Loc Shift Knob.jpg

Last edited:
   / Restarting My '70 Nova Project #333  
Looking forward to some smoky burn-out pics once you have it on the road !

Looking forward to some smoky burn-out pics once you have it on the road !
You got some tires I can use?

I see them doing long smokey burnouts on some of the TV shows like Hot Rod Garage, and personally, I think it's pointless. Ruin perfectly good tires that it they don't want, someone else might put to good use on their daily driver.
Sure, I laid a few good patches in my day, but never did a smokey burnout, tires were too expensive for that. The Firestone shop owner always had a smile on his face when I showed up for a new set of red line Wide Ovals.

Last edited:
   / Restarting My '70 Nova Project #335  
You got some tires I can use?

I see them doing long smokey burnouts on some of the TV shows like Hot Rod Garage, and personally, I think it's pointless. Ruin perfectly good tires that it they don't want, someone else might put to good use on their daily driver.
Sure, I lad a few good patches in my day, but never did a smokey burnout, tires were too expensive for that. The Firestone shop owner always had a smile on his face when I showed up for a new set of red line Wide Ovals.
They get the sponsors. That pays for the tires.

I'm in your camp... warming up the tires is one thing. Smoking them to baldness is quite another. ;)

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #336  
I think after this upgrade BravoXray deserves at least one smokey burn-out if he wants. Me, I would baby that beauty, but I would have to hold myself back :ROFLMAO:

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #337  
Maybe we should find out if any TBN'ers have the size tires he is planning on using and send him "some smokey burn out tires". Jon

I really don't think that would be necessary.

I did gt the instrument panel installed today. It's a tight fit, and I had to drill a couple of new holes for a couple of screws on he bottom. Geting the heater controls attached was a real treat, you have to fight the three control cables and the wires for the heater switch are barely long enough, but I got it in place. I took the glove box lid and the ash tray assembly out to get them repainted, as the Rustoleum satin black doesn't match the Hot Road black on the dash. I'll probably take them to my friend Brian's place and do it this weekend. I spent an hour looking for the bracket that goes under and bolts to the steering column, but never found it. It's got to be here somewhere, I hope.
No picture of the instrument panel, I left my phone at the house and didn't feel like walking up to get it.

At least it cooled off today, was pretty decent, lower humidity and temps in the low 80s. I can handle that.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #339  
Excellent! I look forward to you easing it out onto the highway without a smokey burnout (y) I'd drive like a grandma. :cool:

Excellent! I look forward to you easing it out onto the highway without a smokey burnout (y) I'd drive like a grandma. :cool:
How about the little old lady from Pasadena?