Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #71  
I have had one of the early ones for about 9 months now and it is working great on my lever gun, with the hose from my old pistol grip.
P4220003.JPG

Just ordered another one to put on the electric Lincoln. It has a hose also.

Last edited:
   / Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #72  
I'm glad this thread came back up. I just ordered one.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #73  
FYI, here is what I do with my grease gun. It has nothing to do with LockNLube adapter but it is what I did to make greasing anything easier. Maybe this will help other members and or this is a common thing that everybody does. I do not know. I have an original pistol grip grease gun from the 60"s which I used all of the time. Maybe about 15 years ago I added and extension hose, 3 of them in fact to the grease gun. Sure makes it easier. No need to worry about getting the grease gun into tight places. One hand on the hose and one hand on the grease gun. I thought about putting another length of hose on but this works good. I have had to replace the end hose a couple of times because it takes most of the abuse. Five or six years ago I upgraded to a air driven grease gun, a low cost from Lowes. It still works. It surprises me. Like I said maybe this hose extension stuff is a common thing that everybody does. The second item is the grease adapter. I purchased this back in the 60's for my mothers Buick convertible at the time. The Buick had a split drive shaft with a carrier bearing that needed greased occasionally and this was the adapter I bought. It is an aluminum body with an hardened tip. It was designed for the carrier bearing application but it fits almost perfectly into the ball check on a zerk fitting. I use it on those tight spots where you cannot get coupler on, AKA u-joints, axle shafts etc. Hold it straight on and pull the trigger. I am not saying you will not pop out a ball check once in a while but it sure saves a lot of aggravation. Somebody may make this style of adapter now, I do not know. I have other grease adapters but this one with the hardened tip works great as noted. Also I was never in love with those lever arm grease guns. If you want a mechanical grease gun a pistol grip to me is the way to go. Hopefully somebody can benefit from my post. Later20150123_182726.jpg20150123_182819.jpg20150123_182945.jpg20150123_183458.jpg

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #74  
Try this, go to your local auto parts store, get a zerk with the 1/8 inch pipe thread and screw it into the old connector.
View attachment 380669
Then lock the LockNLube on to it and grease the recessed zerks! :thumbsup:
Updating this old post with a picture of my long extension:

P7150003.JPG

P7150007.JPG

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #75  
My update.

Both of the locking couplers I bought are in the tool cabinet drawer. Back to old faithful, the proper adjusted standard coupler. Was a $70 experiment that didn't fit my style. That's okay. At least it wasn't $700. :)

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #76  
My update.

Both of the locking couplers I bought are in the tool cabinet drawer. Back to old faithful, the proper adjusted standard coupler. Was a $70 experiment that didn't fit my style. That's okay. At least it wasn't $700. :)

Out of curiosity, what convinced you not to use them?

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #77  
The LnL is too bulky and can't be used on certain zerks. While I'm swapping to a standard coupler I could have finished.

The other one, can't remember the name, if you snap it onto a remote zerk, you can't reach the release collar to get it off. So, again, by this time I should have just used a standard coupler......

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #78  
My Lock n Lubes work on everything I have except the recessed zerks on my LS loader. For them I just grab my spare standard gun and do them.

I have LnLs on my Kobalt air operated gun and 2nd on Lincoln hand operated gun. Very happy with them.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #79  
The LnL is too bulky and can't be used on certain zerks. While I'm swapping to a standard coupler I could have finished.

The other one, can't remember the name, if you snap it onto a remote zerk, you can't reach the release collar to get it off. So, again, by this time I should have just used a standard coupler......

I agree with you, I tried it out and it only fit about 1/3 of the fittings on my tractor, the remaining it was either too bulky or too long to use. My solution was a Milwaukee 12v greese gun. Only about $120 with a battery and charger. Now I don't care if it holds on the fitting because I can just hold it on with one hand and pull the trigger with the other. It is so quick that you don't have time to let go of the tip before you are done with the fitting. I would say it cut my time in half to greese the tractor and hoe. The thing is that it probably doubled the amount of greese I use, because now I actually greese it regularly.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #80  

You can always send them to me Richard.