Ridged Insulation under a steel roof?

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof?
Could animal waste play a part in that?

Sorry, I lose track of time. I keep thinking that it's still 2000 or so. I somehow thought, you implied it failed prematurly.

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof? #14  
Sorry, I lose track of time. I keep thinking that it's still 2000 or so. I somehow thought, you implied it failed prematurly.

No worries, you have plenty of company in that regard.
Point being, in an unheated dry storage situation I would not think twice about placing roofing steel directly on rigid insulation.

It is dry and mostly unihabited, plus virtually never heated. I guess, being better insulated might change that a bit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Anyone know much about shiplapped SM?

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof? #16  
That bit of insulation will not materially change the temperature but will eliminate condensation due to ambient temperature fluctuations.

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof? #17  
do you mean xps extruded polystyrene? shiplap is just an edge profile that fits with the next sheet. that would not matter in your install.

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof? #18  
do you mean xps extruded polystyrene? shiplap is just an edge profile that fits with the next sheet. that would not matter in your install.

I would use shiplap or T&G profiled rigid panels for the simple reason that they will stay connected and even indefinitely. I can't imagine a downside to using either style.

/ Ridged Insulation under a steel roof? #19  
Steel sweats like crazy in springtime so make sure you are water tight beneath the deck. I'd recommend spray foaming under the metal if you can. I have an all steel barn and before I insulated it would literally rain inside on those nice humid days after cold nights.

Those guys that tell you it's ok to install a new steel roof overtop an old leaky roof should be tarred and feathered on the spot. Scammers.

When my shipping container was out in the open, it rained in there too. Actually, my steel wood shed does that. Most annoying.

I hate when evry single thing in the garage/shop is sweating from temperature/dewpoint changes. Happens two or three times a year. Hoping I can control the temeperaure better and easier with insulation.

Contractor should be here soon. thanks for the input.