Root grapple

/ Root grapple #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Has anyone here installed any other root grapple other than the wicked?

Im sure it a very nice root grapple, Im sure that its prob. better quality than most any root grapple to be found.....its 2 grand.

I just spent nearly 30 for my tractor!

I can get one alot cheaper online but of course I dont want junk.

Its not gonna be used commercially, I dont beat the **** out of my things, Im not interested in the how cool it looks factor, Im only wanting to move my brush/logs from one end of my property to another.

Seems like a grappler is maybe better than a 4n1 or some of the deals that work in conjunction with the front bucket.

As an instance ( and Im just throwin it out there ) why wouldnt this Kubota Tractor Skid Steer Attachment - 48" Root Rake Grapple Bucket - Free Ship | eBay be just fine and dandy?

Yeah its heavier.....why do I care, Im moving brush and one or two logs at a time, yes Im sure its yellow steel AKA a regurgitated Kia, yes it dosent look too cool ( like the wicked root grapple ) but as long as I dont abuse it why wouldnt it work for me?

Not in any way lambasting a superior product and an active forum member like wicked.

Thanks

/ Root grapple #6  

I'd trust MTL over a random ebay page. The guys that have them seem to like them well enough, though I'd like to see one worked side-by-side with its EA equivalent.

There's a bunch of companies out there making grapples. I think EA has the best balance of durability, function, and weight on the market. They also have the lion's share of users on this site. The fact there's not anyone bashing them is honestly impressive, the way the internet works you are almost guaranteed to have someone who has problems, however minor or self inflicted, and tries to turn people off your product. The fact that hasn't happened with EA says a lot, both about their products, and about their customer service.

/ Root grapple
I'd trust MTL over a random ebay page. The guys that have them seem to like them well enough, though I'd like to see one worked side-by-side with its EA equivalent.

There's a bunch of companies out there making grapples. I think EA has the best balance of durability, function, and weight on the market. They also have the lion's share of users on this site. The fact there's not anyone bashing them is honestly impressive, the way the internet works you are almost guaranteed to have someone who has problems, however minor or self inflicted, and tries to turn people off your product. The fact that hasn't happened with EA says a lot, both about their products, and about their customer service.

The E.A is considerably large, Im not sure that Ill be able to fit a smaller root grapple in my storage unit with this tractor let alone the monstrous EA

/ Root grapple #8  
The E.A is considerably large, Im not sure that Ill be able to fit a smaller root grapple in my storage unit with this tractor let alone the monstrous EA

Which EA are you looking at? The grapple you linked previously would be almost the same size as their 50" single lid.

/ Root grapple
I guess your right, I didn't realize they offered a 55 inch, just a little wider, taller and deeper