Rotary cutter preference

/ Rotary cutter preference #11  
I think it starts with what you need to do.
I ran a rebuilt Big Bee 5 footer last summer and it did a good job. I put a heavy duty stump jumper on it and Tractor supply blades. I replaced the main bolts on the A frame and added lock nuts. Probably have $500 in it total including purchase used.
My JD 5 footers do a good job but now you're talking a more expensive cutter.
Haven't tried the 5 foot Brush Bull yet.
I think establish what you need then get something appropriate.
Also, really learn how to set it up and use it properly and it should last a good long time.

/ Rotary cutter preference
I’ve only owned LandPride and have been satisfied with both I’ve owned. There are a lot of good cutter brands. Deck steel thickness, gearbox, and mounting frames are what I would inspect before buying.
I’ve heard some good things about the land prides

Tennessee River is good.
Had a Big Bee before, it was constantly shaking bolts loose and there was no access holes to change the blades.
Haven’t heard of Tennessee river before

I have a woods a wallace and a grizzly , all are good cutters. Really depends on what you need to cut and how much you want to spend,
I’m looking at a woods they seem to be well built

All brands have different models. I have found spending more on the front end saves money and time on repairs down the road.
Yeah buy once cry once is the saying for that

The major brands will be competitive in design & build, and likely price if you have multiple retailers. As said above, just be careful about the model. Light low end ones up to nice heavier models. I would avoid the low end economy models.
Yeah the low end modes cannot hold up for many years

/ Rotary cutter preference #18  
Yeah the low end modes cannot hold up for many years
I don’t think that’s true unless you abuse them, and even then nothing some touch up with a welder can’t fix. I’m not even sure what would constitute a “high end” rotary cutter.

/ Rotary cutter preference #19  
Haven’t heard of Tennessee river before

I don’t think that’s true unless you abuse them, and even then nothing some touch up with a welder can’t fix. I’m not even sure what would constitute a “high end” rotary cutter.
The one I had wasn’t rated for what I did so it did not hold up the standards are meant for tall grass only pretty much