RTV - X1100C

/ RTV - X1100C #21  
Congratulations on the RTV x1100. We love ours and use it daily

Attachments

• IMG_2474.jpeg
    IMG_2474.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 168
   / RTV - X1100C
Thanks, so far we like it. We live in the foothills of the Adirondacks so we have some hills to climb which it does easy but different from our Rhino. My only problem is stuff shifting around in the bed when taking on the hills or just working on flat ground running some trails. Would a rubber mat work with a cargo bar in the bed so some 2.5 gallon gas tanks for the splitter and one for the chainsaws won't slide around?

/ RTV - X1100C #23  
I cut a stall mat for our RTV, used two toilet tank bolts to keep it from slide out while dumping.

/ RTV - X1100C #24  
We have around 45 hours on our RTV-X1100C, most of that has been hauling dead pine over to the outdoor fireplace and clearing dead pine which has opened up some new trails.

I have had it up the hills so I'm use to the difference between the Rhino. I have a few smaller trees that will need to come down so the trail is wider before getting the RTV further up the trail.

I have the 1100xc? 400 hours, had it for 1 year and use it every day.

I致e told anyone who will listen, it is the most capable vehicle I致e ever owned.

With mine, it痴 sometimes difficult to get out of 4 wd. I found if I turn the steering wheel all the way one way and then try, usually works. If not, turn the wheel the other way, until it stops. Should work. I have read a number I& times how people have broken stuff trying to force it.

My only complaint is, on the shifter, reverse is where low is where I think low is suppose to go. I jump in, prepare to go forward and it jumps backward. That痴 on me.

Enjoy

/ RTV - X1100C
It's going in this coming week for the 50 hour checkup and the Boss V-Plow install, the dealer had originally thought the plow install would be mid September but the undercarriages came in later than the plows but it's perfect timing since it only has 54 hours on it.

/ RTV - X1100C #26  
First, I cannot thank the users of this forum enough for all the help they unknowingly provided to me over the years.

We are getting old. Last week, I sold a truck and the ATV and bought a used 2016 X1100C.
There were 70 hours on the X1100c's meter and a couple hundred miles.
My wife is super excited about it, and I am looking forward to using the machine in the woods here. Not only is there work to do in the woods, it's also a great place to disappear to.

I screened off the ventilation intake under the hood to keep bugs and mice outside (why manufacturers don't do this I will never understand), and ordered six more CV protectors (that it should have been equipped with from the factory). the rear window screen, two hitch stingers, the rear work light (in the dark, what is behind is absolutely invisible), and have an old, used car radio and connector adapter on the way. I already have an amber strobe and proper reflectors I can use if I have to go to the road in an emergency
In a couple weeks, when this stuff is on the rig, I will be set. Maybe.

I will get the winch some day, perhaps, but I'll wait to experiment with the capstan winch I already have to see if it will move the Kubota. The capstan can be moved to either end to do work for me, and it makes better sense...if it will do the job AND move this beast of a UTV.

We have some 30-ish degree slopes here, and I have had no trouble climbing them with a moderate load in the X1100 on the soft ground. Later in the winter, those hills will probably be way TOO soft, but later in the winter I won't be out there. I said we were old.

Best wishes to all of you.

/ RTV - X1100C #29  
Seems like everyone goes with the Boss plow instead of the Kubota plow

/ RTV - X1100C #30  
I have an RTV-X1140, now with about 100 miles on it. For a work machine, these are what all others should be measured against. It is sooooo much better than the Kawasaki Mule Pro I had before. Infinitely better built, smoother running, and much better speed control, especially in steep and rugged terrain.

The only down side, and I'm sure it's not a surprise, is that they are dog slow. It will climb up anything, just not fast. But if you want a sports car, it's not for you. If you want a work machine, this is it. But I do wish it could maintain the rated 25 mph on an up hill, as well as a down hill. 25 mph is only under best case conditions, totally flat, or even a bit down hill. But I'm on trails and terrain where you don't want to go fast 90% of the time, and it excels at that.