RTV - X1100C

/ RTV - X1100C #101  
Thank you. I’ll also try raising/lowering the blower.

/ RTV - X1100C #103  
I cleared snow with the new RTV-X1100C "for real" (outside of practicing operating the unit) for the first time this morning. Super impressed with the power of the blower, overall RTV power, stability, & traction. I have the HD worksite tires, and didn't carry any extra weight in the bed. The cab is great: I had to lower the heat because I was getting too warm. I turned on the AC because the windshield was fogging up and it worked like a charm. The windshield wiper came in handy.

I was getting frustrated with shifting for the first 30 minutes because some areas that I clear require a lot of backing up / go forward maneuvers, and it felt like the transmission more often than not would not smoothly shift into reverse then back into "L". I tried two mitigation techniques: (1) with my foot on the brake, "blip" the throttle pedal briefly, then attempt to shift. This helped somewhat but annoyed me every time I had to do it. (2) swampy6 mentioned that changing the height of the front implement (in his case the Boss V-Plow) helped. I tried this with my blower, and I was surprised that it did sometimes help.

Then for some reason things started getting better: I think the main change was me having a lighter touch with the shift lever. If I encountered any resistance, I jiggled the shift lever slightly, then tried again, lightly. Things just seemed to work better. I only had to use the floor throttle "blip" a couple of times in the second half of my snow clearing. My frustration level dropped, and I began to enjoy the job.

It is odd to me that shifting difficulty seems to be a widespread issue for people, and Kubota hasn't done anything to address the issue. But I am heartened by the fact that maybe me adapting to the quirks may be enough to let me enjoy this otherwise GREAT machine.

Last edited:
   / RTV - X1100C #104  
Once you get use to taking your time and if you keep brake pedal depressed once stopped shift issue no biggie for me anymore. I can relate to once you have presure against plow or blower raising unit does relieve that presure at times. Also I drove a Mack Tractor with a 5 speed for years you learn to take your time shifting. LOL. congrats and enjoy your machine.

/ RTV - X1100C #105  
I find the RTV-X1100C much more capable - more power even with the two speeds - more comfortable - better heater that can get too hot - smoother ride with IRS

Last week we had 15" of snow and had no problem pushing it around
Headed out tomorrow to look at a 2021 Kubota 1100c cab model. Here are my options (front/rear led work lights,2 side mirrors, front/rear cv joint guards, tail lamp guard kit,BOSS V plow VXT with side markers and skid shoes.Price out the door $26,418.Is this a fair price ??

/ RTV - X1100C #106  
Headed out tomorrow to look at a 2021 Kubota 1100c cab model. Here are my options (front/rear led work lights,2 side mirrors, front/rear cv joint guards, tail lamp guard kit,BOSS V plow VXT with side markers and skid shoes.Price out the door $26,418.Is this a fair price ??

How much is the V plow ?... I Have a 1100C with a straight blade..Wish it was 7' as it is just a bit small at 5'. I made some angle adjustments to the blade and it appears to push snow easier now. Not great..but sure beats the shovel.

/ RTV - X1100C #107  
How much is the V plow ?... I Have a 1100C with a straight blade..Wish it was 7' as it is just a bit small at 5'. I made some angle adjustments to the blade and it appears to push snow easier now. Not great..but sure beats the shovel.
Purchased the 1100c model this morning after some discussion with my dealer I canned the Boss v-plow $4,695 and went with the Kubota commercial grade 72 inch straight plow #V5060 for $3950.Suited me needs better.

/ RTV - X1100C #109  

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 85
   / RTV - X1100C #110  
Keep us posted on how it compares to the 900, suspension, two speeds etc.