Saving Money as Prices Increase

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #312  
gas prices.jpeg
gas prices.jpeg

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #313  
As of June 10, 2022 Exxon is worth 423.19B. So they are getting a return of 1.29 %. In the real world that is not a great return on your money. So, yes they made a lot of money, but they have a lot invested.

The only problem I see is the size of the companies. Blackrock and the other large investment firms are too large and need to be broken up. Perhaps the large oil companies need to be broken up as well.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #314  
Haven't read all 32 pages, but the next time someone complains about the "rich oil companies", or the "obscene windfall profits", just remind them that the gov't takes 18 cents from every gallon, the oil company makes about 4 cents. And this doesn't include the other 41 taxes the gov't imposes on drilling, refining, and delivering the gas. And what did the gov't do to "earn" those dollars, compared to the investment, labor, equipment that the oil companies put out to make their 4 cents?

So tell me, who is making the obscene windfall profits?

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #315  
Haven't read all 32 pages, but the next time someone complains about the "rich oil companies", or the "obscene windfall profits", just remind them that the gov't takes 18 cents from every gallon, the oil company makes about 4 cents. And this doesn't include the other 41 taxes the gov't imposes on drilling, refining, and delivering the gas. And what did the gov't do to "earn" those dollars, compared to the investment, labor, equipment that the oil companies put out to make their 4 cents?

So tell me, who is making the obscene windfall profits?
What did the government do to earn those dollars? Build and repair roads. This is done with fuel taxes.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #316  
What did the government do to earn those dollars? Build and repair roads. This is done with fuel taxes.
They do basically nothing but postulate. Always remember... The government (Federal, State and Local) are the largest employer in this country, require the largest largess but produce no tangible product (other than a lot of hot air far as I can tell).

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #317  
They do basically nothing but postulate. Always remember... The government (Federal, State and Local) are the largest employer in this country, require the largest largess but produce no tangible product (other than a lot of hot air far as I can tell).
Fuel taxes build roads. Nobody else builds them except government.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #318  
Fuel taxes build roads. Nobody else builds them except government.
Wrong in so many ways.. The government awards contracts to private entities via competitive bidding to build roads. The government don't build squat. Fuel taxes as well as Federal Excise taxes go to roads. I keep forgetting you are a government employee so your view is somewhat jaded.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #319  
Louisiana just passed a law to collect $115 per year from electric vehicle owners and $60 per year from hybrid owners to make up for the lost gas taxes.

Are they doing anything else where you live?

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #320  
$150/$50 here