sawmill engine

/ sawmill engine #31  
What breed of ducks do you have? I raise Mallards.
hugs, Brandi

/ sawmill engine
We have Black Swedish (very loud lol the most opinionated ones we have :), Black runners (they are the most gentle, my daughters favorite), and White crested. They have a poofy head, look like George Washington lol.
They are such funny creatures. They do everything together and if one is missing for 5 mins, they huddle up and welcome them back.
We have not gotten any eggs from them hopefully next year.
The only problem we have is our dog (golden doodle due to allergies), loves to herd them, and wants to swim with them, but they do not want to. So our dog has been snapped on the nose a few times by the Black Swedish.

Here's a picture of the sawmill. Its a much older hud-son, but works great. Once I leveled the base it cuts like a dream. I just wish I could load a larger log to mill.

Attachments

• PXL_20201021_210726813 (1).jpg
    PXL_20201021_210726813 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
   / sawmill engine #33  
We have Black Swedish (very loud lol the most opinionated ones we have :), Black runners (they are the most gentle, my daughters favorite), and White crested. They have a poofy head, look like George Washington lol.
They are such funny creatures. They do everything together and if one is missing for 5 mins, they huddle up and welcome them back.
We have not gotten any eggs from them hopefully next year.
The only problem we have is our dog (golden doodle due to allergies), loves to herd them, and wants to swim with them, but they do not want to. So our dog has been snapped on the nose a few times by the Black Swedish.

Here's a picture of the sawmill. Its a much older hud-son, but works great. Once I leveled the base it cuts like a dream. I just wish I could load a larger log to mill.
That sawmill looks like it cuts just fine. I have always wanted Runners, but stick to just flying Mallards.
hugs, Brandi

/ sawmill engine
Do your mallards fly away every year? or do they stay? Our Black Swedish has been very vocal when the geese fly over head. If any of them were to move on I would guess it would be that one. But the runners are awesome, walk a bit like a penguin.
The mill took some tweaking, I had it all leveled but after cutting a few times the weigh of the logs pushed the frame down into the modified. I was getting boards that were a bit off. So back to leveling and its back to squared up logs. I have a floor jack that fits right in between the sections and I can jack it up and add some gravel where needed. Do you mill a lot? What is the majority of your milled wood used for. Right now we are building a maple sap house, but its going to be as much field stone as possible on the base. Going to take a while but it will be worth it.

/ sawmill engine #35  
Do your mallards fly away every year? or do they stay? Our Black Swedish has been very vocal when the geese fly over head. If any of them were to move on I would guess it would be that one. But the runners are awesome, walk a bit like a penguin.
The mill took some tweaking, I had it all leveled but after cutting a few times the weigh of the logs pushed the frame down into the modified. I was getting boards that were a bit off. So back to leveling and its back to squared up logs. I have a floor jack that fits right in between the sections and I can jack it up and add some gravel where needed. Do you mill a lot? What is the majority of your milled wood used for. Right now we are building a maple sap house, but its going to be as much field stone as possible on the base. Going to take a while but it will be worth it.

I bought the mill to build my log home. But I have cut 2x6s and 2x4s for the guy that brings me logs, lumber for my friend's deck, a base for my off road diesel tank, framing lumber for another friend's storage building. Red Oak shelving. Just started planing some stuff, so eventually sell some. Also barn purlins when I enclosed the barn's shed.
Have started cutting 16 foot 6x6s for sawmill shed posts.
Tweaking and leveling way less is what lead me to buy a Woodmizer mill. I don't move it, but after moving, you can be sawing in 10 minutes.
hugs, Brandi