School Me

/ School Me #1  

lasherb1

Tractor
Ford 3600
Hello all,

Looking at used tractors and was able to sit in a Kioti NX and RX which I really liked. I just came across an add for a 2010 DK50SE HST for $26K. It comes with FEL and loaded tires. It has 200 hours on it at the moment. Never having sat in a DK series I'm concerned being 6'3'' and 225lbs that the cab might be small. Need opinions on size and price. Thanks!

/ School Me #2  
Not familiar with the DK cab model but I would think it would be similar to the NX model in size, maybe a little smaller? That price seems a little steep. Could be wrong, I would just think you could probably get a new one or newer one for a few thousand more.

/ School Me #3  
Based off what I paid for my dk45seh, that price seems high for a 7 year old tractor, but having no emissions gear really changes the used tractor marked price.

I would say the NX tractors are about same size as the DKse tractors, comparing the following:

DK50se HST cab 4354lbs (tractordata) Length 134" Width 63.9" Height with cab 96.7" Ground Clearance 14.7

NX5010 HST cab 4315lbs (kioti website) Length 139" Width 65.6" Height with cab 94.1" Ground Clearance 13.7

Last edited:
   / School Me #4  
Hello all,

Looking at used tractors and was able to sit in a Kioti NX and RX which I really liked. I just came across an add for a 2010 DK50SE HST for $26K. It comes with FEL and loaded tires. It has 200 hours on it at the moment. Never having sat in a DK series I'm concerned being 6'3'' and 225lbs that the cab might be small. Need opinions on size and price. Thanks!

I don't think you will have any trouble fitting in the cab.. While I am not 6'3", I am about 6'1" and I didn't have any trouble fitting in it when I test drove one and I weigh considerably more.

/ School Me #5  
A friend of mine had a DK45s and the cab was much smaller than my NX, even he was surprised by the amount of room in mine compared to his.

/ School Me #6  
A friend of mine had a DK45s and the cab was much smaller than my NX, even he was surprised by the amount of room in mine compared to his.

The DK45s and the DK45se are considerably different tractors. The s being smaller by some inches all around according to the s manual. I do wish tractors manufacturers could find a more convenient way to designate from tractor to tractor.

/ School Me
I personally thought the price was a bit steep as well. I can't go see it in person at the moment so I'm happy to hear the cab size shouldn't be of concern. I appreciate the comments on the DK series.

What I can tell so far from the internet stalking I've been doing. The DK is the predecessor to the NX series but has a tier 3 engine which doesn't have the same emissions stuff on the engine. What I can't find is what the SE actually stands for. Does anyone have any ideas.

The NX I sat in several months ago had a very ergonomic cab layout with throttles and FEL controls well placed in natural areas I would be reaching for. I can't seem to find if the DK series has the same layout.

/ School Me #8  
DK45s DK45se DK35se.jpg
The DK45S is a larger frame tractor with larger tires all the way around.
That being said the operators station was a bit smaller than the SE

Pic shows DK45S on the left, then DK45SE then a DK35SE.
Sorry such a bad pic. Couldn't find a bigger one.

/ School Me #9  
I personally thought the price was a bit steep as well. I can't go see it in person at the moment so I'm happy to hear the cab size shouldn't be of concern. I appreciate the comments on the DK series.

What I can tell so far from the internet stalking I've been doing. The DK is the predecessor to the NX series but has a tier 3 engine which doesn't have the same emissions stuff on the engine. What I can't find is what the SE actually stands for. Does anyone have any ideas.

The NX I sat in several months ago had a very ergonomic cab layout with throttles and FEL controls well placed in natural areas I would be reaching for. I can't seem to find if the DK series has the same layout.

Actually the DKse series of tractors have a Tier 4 interim engine. No regeneration or DPF filters or anything like that, but they are quite clean compared to some older designs. Just a step before going to full Tier 4 specs. All of the DKse series are upscale fully featured tractors which are very comparable to the Kubota Grand L line.

Some of the more noteworthy of these features is that all DKse machines will come with SSQA for easy front implement changes on the FEL. and at least one hydraulic remote port on the back standard, a second one is optional at a low cost. They will all have fully telescoping 3pt lower links and telescoping sway stabilizers. They all come with a additional rear lever for lowering or raising the 3pt, all of which making hooking up 3pt implements a joy instead of a cussing match.

They all will have a draft control as well as a position control lever on the 3pt. The 4wd is actuated by an switch on the dash that actuates an electric/hydraulic solenoid. This means going into and out of 4wd easy for anyone to operate. Likewise the PTO selection is a switch on the dash, in both manual and automatic modes. Hydrostatic transmission models all have cruise control actuated by a button on the dash, and disabled by pressing a brake pedal. This is an electric actuated cruise, not mechanical.

Speaking of those split brake pedals, they are on the left side not the right so that you may actually use the split brakes to assist in steering while your right foot is pressing one of the twin pedals to control hydrostat direction and speed. There is no clutch on the tractor. There is also no seat switch which means you can raise out of your seat to get your forks lined up into a pallet unlike the other orange tractor. :) While I did say the DKse series was similar to the Kubota Grand L series of deluxe tractors, there are features of the Kioti as outlined above that are superior.

The Joystick is beside the operators seat, and comes to hand naturally, the throttle is on the column The remote lever to control the rear SCV/SCV's fall to hand just ahead of the joystick. Although I lengthened mine to make it more handy to use my grapple.

installed 1.jpgin use.jpg

/ School Me
Wow, great information K0ua, any thoughts on the price i've listed above?