SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #11  
I'm going to revive this thread just to add a bit on the Polar models for those doing buying research. I got the HD1500 like the OP for my YM1610D, and could not be more pleased with it for hauling logs, brush, and dirt. It's the perfect size for a SCUT/CUT and gets top marks from a haulage-per-dollar perspective.

IMG_20190412_133826.jpg

IMG_20190412_134124.jpg

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #12  
IMG_0933.JPG

Military m101a2. Surge and manual hand brakes, pintle hitch. $500. Kubota B26. Been a great truck and tractor trailer for on and off road.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #13  
Military m101a2. Surge and manual hand brakes, pintle hitch. $500. Kubota B26. Been a great truck and tractor trailer for on and off road.

How does the hand brake work on that? Can you control it from the tractor seat, and if so, how is that done?

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #15  
SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet.

The hand brakes for m101a2 are adjustable levers in front of the trailer. One for each wheel. Can’t operate from tractor seat. Used one time to help control a load down an embankment. Handy and safer than having to scotch tires.

Much rather have a bigger trailer hauling smaller loads than a little trailer hauling a big load relative to size of load. IMG_0932.JPG

Last edited:
   / SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #16  
I tried doing the dealer search for those Polar trailers and where it says enter postal code I put mine in (Canada) and it only shows me dealers in Hawaii, LOL.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #17  
I tried doing the dealer search for those Polar trailers and where it says enter postal code I put mine in (Canada) and it only shows me dealers in Hawaii, LOL.

In the US, Home Depot sells them? They carry them or will get them shipped to store at no charge. From Looking online, Home Depot sells them as Polar Model 8386 (for the Tandem Axle "Walking Arm" trailer) or Model 8384 (for the Single Axle version). The specs appear identical to the models 8262 and 8233 sold elsewhere.

The Models 8262 (tandem axle) and 8233 (single axle) are sold by Northern Tool - and at least in the US, they sell for less than at Home Depot - they will ship to Canada, but the shipping charge kills any savings.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #18  
Just noticed in my browsing around that Polar also makes the HD Max Trailer. It's a more conventional shaped, rectangular bed trailer with removable tailgate, and 1800# capacity. Supposedly, it's cleaner dumping than the models referred to above. It's more expensive, but looks interesting. Model 10813 is tandem axle/walking arm. Model 10535 is the single axle version.

They are also releasing a hydraulic dump version of the HD Max trailers this spring 2019. I don't know much about these, other than that they appear to be electro-hydraulic. (The hydraulic dump seems to add roughly $1000 to the price).

I've not seen any of these models in person, but they seem like interesting options.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #19  
Thanks John_Mc. I looked on Polar's site and saw the flat bottom model also.

I have a metal dump cart from Polaris and it's basically a filing cabinet on wheels. I hate it. It rattles and makes so much noise it wakes the dead.

/ SCUT . . . dump cart & trailer options that don't hurt your wallet. #20  
For anyone who is shopping for the Polaris trailers:

The model 8262 Tandem Axle 1500TA is sold as the model 8386 by Home Depot (HD has confirmed that it is the same thing).
The model 8233 single axle version is sold by HD as the model 8384.

I've not looked, but I assume other retailers may be using the other model numbers as well.