Search function

/ Search function #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Im not used to the new search feature.

Alot of people didnt like the old search feature of the forum, however it did exactly as I wanted it to and it seems the new one does not.

The only time I normally use the search feature is to search my username "LD1".

I do this, because as busy as this forum is....its impossible to read EVERYTHING. So about once a week I would search my name to see if anyone has mentioned me in a post....maybe about something hydraulic related....or someone wanting to add remotes on a kubota and they remember I had a long write-up about it and mention my name, etc.

IT has helped me find several posts that I would be otherwise clueless that they even existed.

This new search feature dont work like the old one. When I search my user name....I get what looks like "todays posts" where just about every single post shows up as a result. Seemingly like as long as a post has the letters L and D and the number 1 somewhere in it, its shows up.

I have tried just LD1, I have tried "ld1" and *ld1*. No different.

Am I doing something wrong or is what I want just not possible with the new search function.

The old search.....when I searched my name and clicked on a post that showed up un the results.....everywhere on that post my name was mentioned was highlighted in yellow for easy finding. Now, nothing