Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,351  
Actually, using straps that hook to themselves inside the car (put together with rear doors open) works pretty well and is probably more secure than attaching the straps to the cheapo roof rack bars. I've done this a number of times with my Honda Element. You just work the ratchet from the rear passenger seats. A little tricky to do for the front as it can interfere with the driver but so long as one solid strap is attached in the middle with good tension, other less important straps can keep the load centered and stop it from pivoting.

We also have some straps that just form a big loop without ends, once you put the strap around whatever you're securing and back through the ratchet.

Sometimes they're very handy, but not so much when you really need one of the other kind.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,352  
I guess when a city posts a road "No Trucks Allowed" they probably have a reason. tracks.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,354  
I guess when a city posts a road "No Trucks Allowed" they probably have a reason.View attachment 524411
Oops. That looks like an active rail line.

If he can't get a towtruck out there fast enough before the next train comes :eek: maybe he could move that car back far enough to reduce friction on the tracks but still have a little traction. Maybe.

Or just tow the rig backward by whoever comes along in a Suburban or anything heavy. Before the train comes.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,357  
I'd hope the trailer jacks are strong enough to lift the back of the truck off the ground. Then you could put boards or anything else under the truck wheels.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,358  
Not sure the wheels on this "trailer" are rated for highway speed ...

Luggage.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,359  
If you caught a crosswind or a little bump it could flip that bag over and pull the whole bike over...
Talk about exciting.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,360  
Not sure the wheels on this "trailer" are rated for highway speed ...

View attachment 524481

In SouthEast Asia it is pretty common to see two guys on a motorbike with the passenger holding the handles of a wheelbarrow being towed backwards. Actually works pretty well. Common way to deliver bags of cement etc.