Share Your Winter Pics

/ Share Your Winter Pics #11  
Love that house, Rob!

Here's our place...taken on Christmas Day, 2002.

Attachments

• 778233-Chrismas Cabin.jpg
    778233-Chrismas Cabin.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 699
   / Share Your Winter Pics #12  
And, as Mike C says...one of my favorite things to do in the winter!

This one was taken during a blizzard (for us in south central PA)). We got about 30" or more (plenty of drifting). If I recall, we got this in late January or February, 2003.

This is when my wife finally believed in the worth of having a tractor.

Attachments

• 778235-snow1.jpg
    778235-snow1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 716
   / Share Your Winter Pics #13  
Nice looking homes guys.....I have a newer Victorian-style home and the timeless appearance of it is what attracted my wife and I to it......

/ Share Your Winter Pics
Great pics guys, keep 'em coming. I only wish we had some snow to plow. It's in the 50's with rain here today. I took the opportunity to hand rake the larger stones out of the drive after my grading last weekend. I'm thinking a set of gage wheels may be in order!

Here's another typical midwestern winter pic. Son #2 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 778410-IMG_0854_1.jpg
    778410-IMG_0854_1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 663
   / Share Your Winter Pics #15  
Roy, do you find much use for the rear blade since you have a FEL? I seem to plow ok using the FEL but maybe I'm missing something...

/ Share Your Winter Pics
Hi Mike, I have pretty much the same tractor as Roy. FEL and rear blade for winter. The FEL is great for detail work, short distances and moving piles but the rear blade is where it's at for long runs. My drive is 750 feet and I can fly with the rear blade angled to cast the snow to the side. Works great in up to about a foot of snow. Deeper than that, or when I'm pushing the banks back, the FEL is the ticket.

The trouble with the FEL on the longer runs is that once the bucket is full, the snow starts spilling out on both sides. A little angle is all it takes to get that white stuff off to one side /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Share Your Winter Pics #17  
Rob said it all!
I just never wait until the snow is more then 10"...after that, too much snow rolls over the moldboard. That blizzard taught me the error in my ways (by waiting).

/ Share Your Winter Pics #18  
I know it's winter someplace when the ducks call my pond home for a few months. (November-82 degrees F - Texas)

Attachments

• 778509-duck.jpg
    778509-duck.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 608
   / Share Your Winter Pics #19  
Isn't winter a month away?

/ Share Your Winter Pics #20  
Last winter OK?

It started snowing here last Wednesday night, snowed all day and night Thursday, and finally quit about mid-day on Friday. After using the rear blade three times (including about 10 PM Thursday night), I was already running out of room for snow without moving a BUNCH of it away from the long driveway. So after getting another 5-6 inches overnight, I put the blower on. Had to set the shoes up pretty high since the ground wasn't frozen yet, but the blade had provided me with a quasi-decent base. In any event, this is one of my more common winter activities.

Attachments

• 778588-mf_gc2300_8.JPG
    778588-mf_gc2300_8.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 666