Shocks

/ Shocks #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
In 2010, I bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 dually. Earlier this year I replaced all 4 shocks with Mopar replacement shocks. I told my Dodge parts guy I didn't like them. He told me he can still warranty them, just bring them in and they will replace them. My question......................do Y'all go with OEM or aftermarket shocks? I though OEM would be nice and strong, but the Mopar shocks seem weak.
hugs, Brandi

/ Shocks #2  
I've always had good luck with Gabriel shocks in the past. I have Bilistine ?sp shocks on my power wagon and they've been good so far. Some of KYB shocks are made in the USA I have a set of them in my Mach 1 and they seem to do well too. I don't replace with OEM stuff much on the newer vehicles because most the time it was lowest bidder not best for the vehicle that the manufacturer uses. If you go aftermarket just ask for a stiffer shock than factory. Or you could tell your Mopar guy you want a stiffer option maybe Mopar offers different levels of shocks for your truck?

/ Shocks
FordMan1981,
Mopar only has one shock for my truck. Thanks for your input. Next time I buy shocks, I ask for stiffen than OEM.
hugs, Brandi

/ Shocks #4  
Only shock the van forums recomend for my E350 is Bilstein. Due to size/weight of the truck bilstein were the only ones recomended to last longer than a few months. I put a set on mine and they are pricey but i feel worth it.

/ Shocks #5  
The third gen 2003 Dodge shocks are not velocity sensitive and let the rear end skip around on rough surfaces. For handling empty, Bilstein, Rancho 9000 or KYB are all a good upgrade. But for towing heavily all the time, velocity sensitive is not the best choice. You need higher initial stiffness. The Ranchos can be turned up to a much higher initial stiffness and are a good choice.

If you want a stock shock for heavy loads, try the 2014 stock Dodge shocks on your 2003. They are interchageable on the SRW trucks, but I don't know about the dualys. The parts guy can probably tell you. They are very stiff and should handle a loaded truck. I took mine off because they were too stiff and I run nearly empty most of the time.