Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #21  
Guy down the road a piece has a very large commercial seed operation with a fleet (literally) of new and newer JD rolling stock and the local dealer's techs are always there trying to keep them running.

He's borrowed my one M with the creep gears to plant his test plots before

/ Showroom Shock ! #22  
While I agree that many, not necessarily most, buyers want a pre 4 tractor...many who need a tractor now probably don't care as much as you about the emissions hassle. The prices are high for all of the stuff. I cannot even get to test drive a tractor because there is nothing in stock...feels like 1960s USSR around here.
I bought a cherry used Kubota (L48) 27 months ago, and a cherry used MB E-350 seven months later.
I'm feelin kinda smart, but really.....I'm just plain lucky!
Both are apparently now worth 25%+ more than I paid.

/ Showroom Shock ! #23  
I called the car/truck dealer on Friday and my salesman said they have 1 new vehicle on the lot. Crazy....

/ Showroom Shock !
And yet, I keep seeing car commercials on sporting events. Seems like wasted money.

MoKelly
Yes, it certainly does seem like a waste.

I had my GMC pickup in for service recently and I asked a sales person about this. He said that GM, and most other vehicle manufacturers, commit to purchase media advertising time a year or more in advance. It's hard to predict what the future market will look like.

/ Showroom Shock ! #25  
Yes, it certainly does seem like a waste.

I had my GMC pickup in for service recently and I asked a sales person about this. He said that GM, and most other vehicle manufacturers, commit to purchase media advertising time a year or more in advance. It's hard to predict what the future market will look like.

Yep - car manufacturers management has had a rough go over the past - from bankruptcy to bailouts to inability to produce. Not exactly Harvard Business School award winners.

MoKelly

/ Showroom Shock ! #26  
I drove by a Massey dealer in Quincy FL yesterday and it looked like they were flush with new tractors.

/ Showroom Shock ! #27  
I took my Chevy Colorado in last week for a TSB on the transmission that has been endemic to that transmission family. This is a large dealership on the south side of Dallas. They normally have a stock of some 300 cars or so. They didn't have 20. I asked their head salesman if they had learned anything about depending on China for parts. He just shook his head and said he couldn't believe the problem has persisted as long as it has.

/ Showroom Shock ! #28  
This situation exists with ANYTHING coming from overseas.

Everything from shoes to heavy equipment is affected. Last time I looked, there were upwards of 75 container cargo ships sitting in the Pacific waiting to be unloaded.

/ Showroom Shock ! #29  
I work for Kubota. They stopped our employee discount because of low supplies. We are getting parts now so we can service what is out there

/ Showroom Shock ! #30  
Looking at the prices on the web, my 2020 Tundra pickup looks to be worth about $10k more than I paid for it. Last I looked, there's not a single long bed SR5 Tundra in the state to replace it with and if there was the dealer is proly charging a hefty dealer pack over MSRP.