Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #31  
I just looked at my local dealer.

They've apparently dumped Mahindra in favor of Bad Boy. (No idea why.)

They had maybe 15 Bad Boy's and around 39 Massey's with only 7 of those being cab tractors and only 8 @ 60hp or more. And only 9 ATV's, but 39 UTV's.

Lots of implements, but no trailers.

Didn't look like they were offering a free shotgun and bible with purchase anymore.

Yeah... glad I'm not in the market. Good for selling, bad for buying.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Showroom Shock ! #32  
I stopped by my local Kubota dealer this morning for oil & filters. They are one of the largest in the northeastern US. Their large showroom, which usually has more than 2 dozen tractors on display, was mostly empty! There was one lone USED L3010 on the showroom floor with a SOLD sign on it! Their lot, which normally has close to a hundred machines available, had only about a half dozen used tractors!

On a normally busy Saturday morning there are usually 6 sales people available but this morning, there was just one! He just shook his head and shrugged when I walked into his office. When I inquired about a new flexwing finish mower, he shrugged again and said he could put me on the wait list. Right now, the wait is 8 months!

I've seen low stock periods before over the years but nothing like this! Is this happening all over or just here in the northeast?
I have a colleague who grew up in Russia and this is how it was there. People had money but there was nothing to buy. Nobody was incentivized to work to jobs needed to make goods and get them on the shelves. Sound familiar?????

Better move your search online and be prepared to pay for freight if you need X item. I'm sure your dealer will understand....

/ Showroom Shock ! #33  
I stopped by my local Kubota dealer this morning for oil & filters. They are one of the largest in the northeastern US. Their large showroom, which usually has more than 2 dozen tractors on display, was mostly empty! There was one lone USED L3010 on the showroom floor with a SOLD sign on it! Their lot, which normally has close to a hundred machines available, had only about a half dozen used tractors!

On a normally busy Saturday morning there are usually 6 sales people available but this morning, there was just one! He just shook his head and shrugged when I walked into his office. When I inquired about a new flexwing finish mower, he shrugged again and said he could put me on the wait list. Right now, the wait is 8 months!

I've seen low stock periods before over the years but nothing like this! Is this happening all over or just here in the northeast?
Its that way here in central Arkansas. The sales lots are empty - cars, tractors, etc.

/ Showroom Shock ! #34  
I work for Kubota. They stopped our employee discount because of low supplies. We are getting parts now so we can service what is out there
Welcome to TBN - Best Wishes.

Last edited:
   / Showroom Shock ! #35  
When I traded up the the Kubota, I bought the one they had in stock and not yet sold. It was still on the pallet and had to wait for it to be assembled. I did have to wait about 10 weeks for the loader, but it's now all together and in use.

/ Showroom Shock ! #36  
Thursday I traded my L6060 on a M5-111. I have been a regular customer for my dealer (WI) so I may get either the one he kept as a demo or will try to get a new one. Dealer had a pretty good inventory of small Kubota stuff but pretty bare of large ag NH and Kubota. If there are so few Kubotas around, why is there a rebate and 0% interest? Also Kubota supports dealer's television advertising. I only watch local channel for football, and multiple Kubota commercials with my dealer tagged every game.

/ Showroom Shock ! #37  
Thursday I traded my L6060 on a M5-111. I have been a regular customer for my dealer (WI) so I may get either the one he kept as a demo or will try to get a new one. Dealer had a pretty good inventory of small Kubota stuff but pretty bare of large ag NH and Kubota. If there are so few Kubotas around, why is there a rebate and 0% interest? Also Kubota supports dealer's television advertising. I only watch local channel for football, and multiple Kubota commercials with my dealer tagged every game.
This thread has revealed some amazing current news on the equipment market which I'll bet many of the so-called experts are just finding out or don't know. About the rebates and 0% interest and TV ads: Companies with more than 5 employees with right hands NEVER know what the left hands are doing. Dumb comes with size...but they will learn. And I will NOT get into the obvious politics... ya' all know it.

/ Showroom Shock ! #38  
Tractor House is loaded with used ones of all makes but the asking prices are high and justifiably so. Most buyers want a pre 4 tractor because they don't want to deal with a common rail ECM controlled engine with after treatment.

I could get what I paid for (new) with both my Kubota's (M9's) but neither are for sale because it would cost a premium price to replace them and it would most likely be an ECM emission compliant unit and I have no desire to ever own one.

My open station, my dealer offered me 30 for it. I paid 18 and put 5 in it. Not for sale.

Sorry for the “Off topic” diversion, you refer to most buyers want a pre 4, assuming that’s 2004, how does one have to deal with a common rail ECM controlled engine with after treatment?

My apologies for the ignorance, I have a 2003.

/ Showroom Shock ! #39  

You must live in a bubble it’s happening all around the world

/ Showroom Shock ! #40  
Same in Oklahoma. Tried to get a tiller for my Mahindra and no can do. All of the dealers have very few machines on the lots.