Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #51  
could not believe it myself, yup $800 bucks and It was a trade in at a dealership! go figure
All she needs is a headlight assembly if anyone can help with that.
Well, at least the hour meter is fairly new.

/ Showroom Shock ! #52  
I'm in the DFW area, i drove by a dealer the other day, they had quite a bit. Look at the container ship backups at all the ports, i heard they were cutting back on OT for longshoremen.. intentionally slowing the unloading of ships.. Good read here :

/ Showroom Shock ! #53  
hour meter is integrated into the gauge cluster and original, it's not a separate gauge that anyone can change.That gauge cluster is no longer available.I was as surprised as the next guy when it actually changed to 154 from 155.I thought for sure it had stopped working long ago but surprise , surprise.Also the low amount of wear on tires,loader bucket etc, seem to also confirm the hours.

/ Showroom Shock ! #54  
I'm in the DFW area, i drove by a dealer the other day, they had quite a bit. Look at the container ship backups at all the ports, i heard they were cutting back on OT for longshoremen.. intentionally slowing the unloading of ships..
I'm thinking that they may have to slow down the ship unloading because they are backed up with containers waiting to be loaded onto trucks. They just announced more night time truck loading hours to help with the backlog. Not a conspiracy....just not enough of manpower to move all the goods. Don't forget we have a shortage of truck drivers, then we have a surge....then we have ships sitting.

California port congestion: New measures to speed up cargo throughput

Record backlog of cargo ships at California ports

Last edited:
   / Showroom Shock ! #55  
NW TN, here. The Kubota dealer in Paris has a had a handful of big tractors, with cabs; nothing mid-range. I was told the wait for an MX5400 or L4701 is 4-6 months (from the assembly point). On a whim, I stopped in at the Kubota/Case dealer in Murray, KY (hadn't gone there before; the stuff they sell rolls out on semi's they're so big), and they had a lot of mid-size stuff, and an MX5400 in a crate! They put it together and delivered it. He had to call around to 4 different suppliers to get a brush hog for me (RCR1872; when the supply shortage starts to correct itself, he said he'd give me a good trade in toward a larger one)

When I went to check on the assembly, they then had another 6 unassembled, in crates. They order from the supplier instead of the assembly point, reducing the time lag. They still have trouble keeping stuff in stock.

/ Showroom Shock ! #57  
It's not just tractors (or other things with chips). Emailed my local dealer early last week to see what the wait time was for a SSQA-mounted auger/post-hole digger and found that the wait time was 60 business days. ....far better than I was expecting so I went ahead and ordered just to be sure I'll have it before next summer.

....also learned Land Pride apparently added a steel surcharge that took effect September 1st so just missed that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there's another price increase before things start falling in price. :(:rolleyes:

/ Showroom Shock ! #58  
It's not just tractors (or other things with chips). Emailed my local dealer early last week to see what the wait time was for a SSQA-mounted auger/post-hole digger and found that the wait time was 60 business days. ....far better than I was expecting so I went ahead and ordered just to be sure I'll have it before next summer.

....also learned Land Pride apparently added a steel surcharge that took effect September 1st so just missed that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there's another price increase before things start falling in price. :(:rolleyes:
Details on this surcharge? By weight?

/ Showroom Shock ! #60  
Was told it was a 12% steel surcharge ....assuming it is/was being implemented as a 12% price increase over baseline price.
Damn. I've got several heavy things on my list for next season too.