Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #91  
"according to some fear mongering nitwits,"

(Off topic, but I really want to get this off my chest . . . please indulge me.)

In a past life, I was an independent mortgage broker - never did a sub-prime loan, never will. The mortgage crash of 2008 was blamed on mortgage brokers primarily because everyone else in the business (TBTF banks, Wall Street, etc.) had better lobbyists. I decided not to renew my license when the stack of papers for a mortgage got to be a foot thick with two pages on the actual mortgage and the rest of the papers were who you could get to sue the mortgage broker and for how much, and for free.

Instead, I got a third class FFL, "Curio and Relic". As it turns out, anything over 50 years old isn't considered a weapon any more (!) by BATF and falls under this third class category. What this means is that I can go and buy a fully functional 20mm Lahti anti-tank gun with live armor-piercing ammunition and tow it around behind my car in broad daylight, completely, totally, 100% legally. This is evidently less of a risk to the republic than a $10,000 second mortgage on a chicken coop. (And it does tend to keep noisy neighbors in line and discourage trespassers.)

Carried to its logical extreme, since I live on an airstrip, and since Fat Man and Little Boy are over 50 years old and not considered weapons any more, I could find myself a B-29, and could have my very own nuclear deterrent. I would have to get a multi-engine rating to be legal, though.

Personally, I am very glad we do not get all the government we are paying for.

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

I wasn't here, this discussion never took place.

;-)

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #92  
Sounds like the Ollie North defense to me

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #94  
I respect anyone for making something himself or fixing something himself rather than buying the thing or hiring someone. I think such action is worthwhile and preferable even when you don't necessarily save money. In our slave world, acts of independence and similar expressions of freedom are PRICELESS.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #96  
I respect anyone for making something himself or fixing something himself rather than buying the thing or hiring someone. I think such action is worthwhile and preferable even when you don't necessarily save money. In our slave world, acts of independence and similar expressions of freedom are PRICELESS.

Be careful what ya say. THEY are watchin

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #97  
"according to some fear mongering nitwits,"
[...]
Instead, I got a third class FFL, "Curio and Relic". As it turns out, anything over 50 years old isn't considered a weapon any more (!) by BATF and falls under this third class category. What this means is that I can go and buy a fully functional 20mm Lahti anti-tank gun with live armor-piercing ammunition and tow it around behind my car in broad daylight, completely, totally, 100% legally.
[...]
Personally, I am very glad we do not get all the government we are paying for.
Don't worry, we will be saved from ourselves sooner than later. Better get that anti-tank gun while the getting's good.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #98  
If you look up a couple posts, i created them myself in fusion 360.

you might want to look at using a iphone as a 3d scanner, appears there are apps now, that will interface with a program either called blender or mixmaster which can get you a rough quality image. I'm not quite there yet
Thanks. We'll be building a lot of parts like this in the near future; wish it was today...

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #99  
Keo5k4h.jpg
Most of the things I printed with mine when I got it was printing parts for it lol

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #100  
Back in the early '70's I bought a Trash 80 computer on a whim, set it up on the kitchen table and stared at it thinking "What the hell will I ever do with this thing?" I returned it. Now I'm afraid to get into 3D printing.
The first computer I ever used was a TRS-80 Model 1 Level 1 in high school in 76. Bought by the chemistry teacher. That thing had 4K of RAM. Teacher then bought the upgrade to Level 2 and its whole 64KB of RAM. I still remember him saying arrays are now unlimited!

First real programs I wrote on it were an income tax software and a baseball game. Graphics were quite limited to say the least lol

Man, that brings back memories :)