Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
I bought a 3d printer out of interest, and for a specific project. Coming to find out I have a million uses for this thing.

All of my dust covers were ripped or removed from my mahindra backhoe /3pt. and they are ALL different sizes, plus some of them appear to be like 13-14 bucks a piece for a 3 cent piece of rubber.

So I made my own. and they came out pretty decent. Thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

20210427_155755.jpg
20210427_155742.jpg
20210427_155943.jpg

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #2  
How long to break even on your investment?

I'm interested, but for the up front cost, I'm not sure the ROI is there for me.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #3  
That is clever. To my mind that’s exactly what a printer is for.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)

I'm interested, but for the up front cost, I'm not sure the ROI is there for me.

I have no idea what break even would be. Prolly 95% of what I print does not exist as a product now, so priceless?

i have about 350 into the printer, not counting filament. I think entry point is honestly pretty cheap.

That is clever. To my mind that’s exactly what a printer is for.
Yea, I am on a couple 3d printing groups now, and most of it is nick knacks and other stuff. 99% of what i print is functional components. I am building a pulley mount for my ROPS, so can i hang ropes to control my forward and back movement while I am using the backhoe. Its ridiculous how you can't move it from the backhoe position.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #6  
Nothing unique about those. I can buy a pair at my dealer in black or red or orange for $2.50

Nothing unique about those. I can buy a pair at my dealer in black or red or orange for $2.50

Good for you, my dealer is 70 miles one way. Not sure what your deal is, but you have been shitting on posts for the last couple days, don't put other people in a bad mood because you are.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #8  

My ender 3 pro cost $200, have another $150 or so invested in different filaments. So from a strict $ standpoint it takes a while, but for me being able to CAD something up, print it out same day without dealing with traffic or shipping is worth the investment.

Like Bill I didn't think it would be very useful, have no need to print figurines like I see people posting about online...now I use it for all kinds of things! Replacement appliance knobs, pinewood derby wheels, mockup parts for a CNC retrofit just to name a few.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #10  
I don't have a 3D printer, but I have fabbed up and repaired things with my welder that some thought stupid too. But there is a sense of pride in making up something that is hard to buy or repairing something that most would toss in the trash can. The point is he can fabricate about any kind of small plastic part his brain can think up. It is kind of like having a Star Trek replicator. Not quite there yet, and it works differently but it is still pretty cool to watch a small plastic part take shape and be built up right before you eyes. I say cool.