Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)
My ender 3 pro cost $200, have another $150 or so invested in different filaments. So from a strict $ standpoint it takes a while, but for me being able to CAD something up, print it out same day without dealing with traffic or shipping is worth the investment.

Like Bill I didn't think it would be very useful, have no need to print figurines like I see people posting about online...now I use it for all kinds of things! Replacement appliance knobs, pinewood derby wheels, mockup parts for a CNC retrofit just to name a few.
I have the Ender3 v2.

I had a need for a specific RV project. but like you said now everywhere i look i see a use for it. I REALLY struggled with PETG, finally getting it under control. The above was printed in TPU, and it went flawless, which blew my mind for a non direct drive extruder setup.

It is quite the learning path, that's for sure.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #12  
Good for you, my dealer is 70 miles one way. Not sure what your deal is, but you have been shitting on posts for the last couple days, don't put other people in a bad mood because you are.
5030 is one of the most insecure persons on this site bar none.He has all of the best equipment and everyone else's suck.Strange sorry little man to say the least.I know some folks who know him personally and they have the same opinion of him..

Last edited:
   / Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #13  
Good for you, my dealer is 70 miles one way. Not sure what your deal is, but you have been shitting on posts for the last couple days, don't put other people in a bad mood because you are.

5030 is one of the most insecure persons on this site bar none.He has all of the best equipment and everyone else's suck.Strange sorry little man to say the least.I know some folks who him personally and they have the same opinion of him..
Remember, he had through and through back surgery not too long ago. That's bound to screw with your head.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #14  
Yea, I am on a couple 3d printing groups now, and most of it is nick knacks and other stuff. 99% of what i print is functional components. I am building a pulley mount for my ROPS, so can i hang ropes to control my forward and back movement while I am using the backhoe. Its ridiculous how you can't move it from the backhoe position.
I'm not suggesting anyone do it but.....my plumber used my kubota tractor with bh to install sewer lines to septic tank, 2 4 inch pvc lines about 20-30 ft each.

He faced backwards on his knees in the seat of the tractor and both operated the bh and moved the tractor from that position. He only did it a few times, it was mostly me driving with him i'm the bh seat.

I've dug long trenches with the tractor/bh. PITA but, way better than a shovel.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #15  
Remember, he had through and through back surgery not too long ago. That's bound to screw with your head.
Not buying it.I had a serious back surgery few years ago off from work for 9 months.I never treated people like 5030 does.No excuses IMHO.

Last edited:
   / Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #16  
If you can make stuff like that it seems there is no end to what it will do. It amazes me. I'm from the old days of cast iron and patterns made from wood.

gg

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #17  
Still, you don't buy one of those printers and start making parts. The part has to be drawn and converted into a digital form the printer can recognize. If you've never worked with CAD or any design software, you're in for a HUGE learning curve and surprise. It's like buying a scalpel and taking up surgery. It doesn't happen over night.

And it's not for those in a hurry. It can take hours to print a part larger than a button. :cool: :giggle:

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #18  
Still, you don't buy one of those printers and start making parts. The part has to be drawn and converted into a digital form the printer can recognize. If you've never worked with CAD or any design software, you're in for a HUGE learning curve and surprise. It's like buying a scalpel and taking up surgery. It doesn't happen over night.

And it's not for those in a hurry. It can take hours to print a part larger than a button. :cool: :giggle:

There’s plenty of easy to use CAD software like Tinkercad by Autocad that anyone can use as long as you know your dimensions and the shapes you need.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #19  
image-2021-04-28-06:44:29-908.jpg

A part that is available but not up to the task

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #20  
What about those that never heard of that software? They all use a "foreign language" to most tractor guys. You have to learn and know the vocabulary. And learn the plastics. Like I said, you can't just buy a printer and start making parts. Unless, of course, you're copying someone else's work.

And there's the other negative. You have to accept the layered look in the parts. They never look like the originals or injection molded parts. Nice job on the samples but they all look a little homemade. That's not an insult to the makers, it's just how the printers work--In layers.

Added: By the way; Has anyone mentioned you need a capable computer to print parts too? Many viewers here are using a phone or pad to see this.

Last edited: