Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader?

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #141  
my original pump looked just like yours..heres an old pic. it had 3 hoses running into it. the new one only has 2 hoses.
they replaced entire pump system (including gear assembly). new one was at least 2x heavier than original,. no aluminum in new system.

ill go see if i can see any number. i might have to wait until i remove pump in spring if its on the underside.

Attachments

• RIGHT SIDE TANK.jpg
    RIGHT SIDE TANK.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
   / Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #142  
program wont let me edit for some reason. this was original pump

leaked like a sieve after a few years

_MG_4979 crop.jpg

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #143  
sorry, the only part number i can find is the tag shown in picture. i didnt see anything on underside.

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #145  
Hayden, I just read these new posts. I'll see If I can get something off my pump tomorrow for you. I think your pump was a little bigger than mine. But I'll get a picture of any numbers i can find. I don't have chains on the front and have the same problem trying to steer anything more than a slight turn in float. I can blow out my whole yard going mostly straight back and forth. I don't even use my rear chains anymore.

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #146  
id be doa here without chains. out driveway and all surrounding roads are 2"+ of solid ice. rain due again in a few days. Even my side by side struggles to move.

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader?
but here is the parts list for quick attach (same as erskin as far as i can tell) powerpack . it shows parts breakdown.

That's the same as the Erskine power pack, right down to the Erskine part numbers.

One thing that's funky with mine is that the pump has a standard SAE B mount with 13 spline shaft. That much is off the shelf. However there is a gear that slides over the shaft, and that in turn engages the gears in the gear box. That spil-on gear is held in place on the spline with two circlips. The result is that the input shaft to the pump is unique with two circlip groves cut in it. So I can't just swap the pump with any SAE-B spline drive pump.

I think my first call tomorrow will be to Erskine to see what they can do/ tell me.

New pump ordered. $830. It was $1300 through Erskine.

All fixed. The new pump solved the problem, and now the whole system has the power that I expected. I did a little touch-up snow blowing in advance of an expected storm tomorrow and it throws snow a long distance, and works just as expected. My test run wasn't working things very hard, and oil temp got up to 115F which is exactly the fan switch-on temp. The cooler is installed, but the fan is not yet wired up so this is without the fan running. The pump body temp was 130F. So all that seems good.

The final cost/investment is:

$6500 initial purchase.

$1000 for a new hydraulic pump plus replacement of a damaged hose.

$1000 to add an oil cooler for the hydraulics. It's not 100% clear this is critical given typical ambient temps when doing snow work, but I'd rather have it than not.

Bottom line, $8500.

Operationally I LOVE working face forward. I also really like the extra 10" of width over my previous blower. Now I can comfortably clear my road in one pass out and back, where before there were a number of sections that required another pass. Steering control definitely takes some finness. I can make modest course corrections while moving, and am getting better at it with practice. For harder turns I need to take up some of the blower weight with the loader to get full steering.

/ Skid steer snow blower on tractor loader? #150  
Congrats. I truly love my snow blower. My neck issues forced me into it.