sleep

/ sleep #21  
Tormented people sleep in despair bedroom...!

/ sleep #22  
I used to know a guy that said when he was a little kid, he had a dream that a big light lit up his bedroom. He jumped up, looked out the window, and he said it was like a ball of fire coming right at his head. The way he described it was like some movie special effect as his eyes recalled the incident.

He woke up in the living room with his parents standing around him. Apparently, lightning hit his bed, threw him on the floor, and started the bed on fire!

/ sleep #23  
My most common nightmare is that I am backing my truck up and go to stop and find my brakes don't work. I'm going backwards downhill, faster and faster, trying to watch behind me and dodging the obstacles. Just before I crash I always wake up.

My most common dream is that I am running along and taking bigger and bigger steps, 5', then 10' then 20' before I touch ground. Then I realize I am actually flying short distances with my steps. Then I can go higher and higher but must carefully watch for powerlines. After impressing all my friends I finally wake up, mad that I woke up, and try to go back to sleep and finish the dream but that never happens.

Dreams are often our brain trying to “digest” fears and anxieties.

Interpreting dreams is just often ignoring the specific odd details (a “truck” or “monster”, etc..) and saying out loud the concepts of what was happening in “general”. That is, substitute the word “something” for the specific thing in your dream and realize that the “thing” is probably a manifestation of your fears and anxieties.

To me, your 1st dream is about feeling “something” in your life, (job, relationships, health, etc..) is going “backwards” (I.e. not the normal direction), with no way to stop yourself and you’re trying to stay in control.

To me, your most common learning to fly dream is you realizing you can try new things you’ve never done before, even if it’s a little scary and you need to be cautious (“Watch out for the power lines!”). …there’s also the (normal) desire to be special and impress your friends theme going on.

Last edited:
   / sleep #24  
I'm always amazed at the quality of the details I can pull from my memory of useless stuff VS stuff I'd like to retain.

I can close my eyes and recall in great detail just about every foot of every path my friends and I used to roam as children, as well as the ones my wife and I have roamed for the past 40+ years. Buildings I've been in. People I've met.

Yet I can't retain math formulas at all. At least I can retain where to look them up if I need to.

/ sleep #25  
I had the usual monster chase dreams as a kid... they subsided as I grew up. But I never lost a deep fear of the dark. Having poor vision didn't help.
In my 20s i started having nightmares of a man entering my bedroom to harm me. In these dreams I was frozen in fear unable to lift an arm in defense as the treat came closer and closer until I awoke in a panic.
This really happened a few times & it really upset me. I was determined to conquer the problem. I decided that to regain control I would start by looking at my hand in a dream. Soon I was doing that and then controlling my dream action more and more.
And then it came back in a hooded cloak at my door as I slept. I jumped to my feet and it fled. I gave chase and though my doorway I entered into an old school hallway with no sign of the cloaked evil... but I thought he was hiding behind one of the many doors. So I ran pulling open door after door. The panic was greater at each door until finally I opened a door and there it stood.
I dove at it's throat with both hands and I awoke. The dream never reappeared. Weird thing the mind. Face your fears or live with them.

/ sleep #26  
One of my grandpa's used to have night terrors.

Try explaining to a little kid why their grandpa is screaming and thrashing in their sleep every night. Scares the heck out of them.

He used to sleep in the room next to me. Terrifying. My mom finally let me sleep in their room on the other end of the house when he'd visit. Normal guy when awake.

/ sleep #27  
I had a chase nightmare that would happen from time to time for years. It was really odd in that I was being chased in a store that I had only been in few times. Nothing bad had ever happened in that store but for some reason the nightmare was being chased up and down the store aisles. :unsure:
:(:unsure:

One night, I had the dream and as I ran up and down the aisle, I found a trap door. This had never happened before in the dream. I went down the trap door but I could not close it in time to get away from what was chasing me. The chase continued in underground tunnels until I found a ladder going up to another trap door. I went up the ladder, climbed through the trap door, and shut it behind me. What was chasing me was still in the tunnels and I never had the nightmare again. Soooooo, very odd.

Normally, I don't remember dreams, but the other day I woke up and remembered this odd dream. What was also odd, is that while the dream did not make any sense at all, I remembered I had had the dream many times. At the moment, I cannot remember the dream! :eek::ROFLMAO:

The other really odd dream I have from time to time is being back in one of my high schools. The dream has two parts, one, being late for class because I have to walk from the ground floor to the third floor as well as get from one side of the huge building to the other, AND have to go to my locker which is out of the way. This somehow morphs into the second part of the dream, where I have forgotten my class schedule, do not know which class to go to next, and suddenly realize I have not gone to a specific class all year long! :eek::ROFLMAO:

To get to sleep at night, I have found doing simple math in my head makes me fall right to sleep. Nothing complicated but simple multiplication and division to solve a problem.

/ sleep #29  
Wife used to have night terrors and I would hear her screaming bloody murder in the bedroom before I went to bed. I used to go check on her but then finally just realized she was just dreaming. If ever she was in trouble I would have found out too late. : )

I used to have a reoccuring dream I could fly but not very high, just about tree top high. I would have people chasing me that I could get away from by flying but they could still see me from the ground. I had the dream for years and then I didn't have it any longer for a couple years. I just had that dream a couple weeks ago again.

/ sleep #30  
The other really odd dream I have from time to time is being back in one of my high schools. The dream has two parts, one, being late for class because I have to walk from the ground floor to the third floor as well as get from one side of the huge building to the other, And have to go to my locker which is out of the way. This somehow morphs into the second part of the dream, where I have forgotten my class schedule, do not know which class to go to next, and suddenly realize I have not gone to a specific class all year long! :eek::ROFLMAO:
I have had this part of your dream a few times.