Small round baler?

/ Small round baler? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
What is the smallest round baler that you can buy and still get parts for?

We are planning on moving further out (our rural 7 ac just doesn't cut it for us) and will most likely have animals of some sort. I'm well familiar with making hay but not so up round bales, we just called the neighbour when we needed some baled.

Likely end up going with small square but I figured I'd look at round.

Should have kept Dad's NH Super 68 when he sold his place. :banghead:

Thanks for your opinions

/ Small round baler? #2  
We run a Hesston 530 alot that makes an approximately 40" by 48" round bale. It is somewhat frustrating with the small bales because you spend so much time wrapping twine, but it runs good other wise. Parts are still available for it.

/ Small round baler? #3  
you can get a 4 by 4 or a 4 by 5 baler that can be pulled with 60hp tractor.

/ Small round baler? #4  
The 4x4 bales have their advantages. I keep mine on a slight incline and if the tractor won't go, I can roll them to the hay rings by hand.

/ Small round baler? #5  
I just picked up a New Idea 484 baler and it makes a 4 round x 5 long bale, and I am able to use my 45 hp Kioti to run it with no problems. I've baled about 60 rolls so far and have had no issues. Parts availability seems good for this unit, and there is also a 483 that is similar but makes a 4x4 roll. It's really a simple machine and was sold under some other brand names as well. Good luck and take care.

/ Small round baler? #7  
What size bale does that baler make

/ Small round baler? #8  
   / Small round baler? #9  
Check out small farm innovations, they have a real nice small round 2x2 and a 3x3